Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site but before I registered I did some checking into the classifieds. I found a set of blue plastics posted by "Layinrocker" for my bike for $650.00. Sent an email to the guy and got all the details worked out. He received my money on June 2nd and it's now June 30th and still no plastics!!
First he told me that he had to have the gas tank cleaned out before he could ship them to me. Then on the 8th he said that he sent them out and I should see them in about 5 days. Pretty messed up because I still haven't got them. I have left him several emails and called him but he doesn't return either one. Guess I got took but I wanted to let you all know that he is also selling an exhaust on here for $350 I think and if I were you I'd stay clear of him. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's pretty shitty. I know you have to be careful shopping online, but something that big is rediculous. The worst I've got is taken for a set of mitrrors I paid for for my truck. Sent the money and no mirrors. I feel bad for ya, keep after him. :arsenal

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Thanks anyway.. I just can't believe the asshole would rip me off for that much - I could understand getting ripped for something smaller but not for a set of plastics!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey quick question....But did u paypal the money or was is by money order? See paypal can atleast investigate the issue, and hopefully refund your money back. If you sent a money order maybe u can claim it lost but then again u made it out to him. I dunno what to tell you really...But I would have been skeptical when I saw that he only had about 4 post's when he was selling.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I sent him the money and that was the wrong thing to do obviously. I talked to him a few times and Im'd back and forth quite a bit before I sent him the money. Guess I'm just too trust worthy.. I don't know. I definitely will never do it again though!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
COD is pretty fail proof for both parties. Consider that option next time! Sorry to hear about this, hopefully this guy will come on a post about what's been the hold up.

Even more, hope you get either your money back, or your platics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I feel ya Im an R1 owner from the r1forum.com and Im in here tracking down 'Cthoughts1' I sent him monies via paypal and still havent received my parts. So If ya see him on the boards holla at him and tell him D_UNIT is looking for him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha Ha.....

actually before you go talking crap. why dont you tell them exactly what the problem has been. and how i have told you everything thats been going on!!!! The reason why you havent gotten it yet is because i havent been able to get the gas tank clean enough to send. it was sent out once and i have the tracking numbers to prove it...but because it previously had gas in it, it was returned. but since you want to post my address and shit on the internet.... :2hard ......you say that i ripped you off...lol..i have told you everything that has gone on since the beginning, and it wasnt even worth it....i will just send you the 650.00 back and we can call it good.....i can sell them for more then that anyway.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Nick - that's cool just send me my money back. I wasn't lying about anything that I said. You have not kept me informed - I have sent you many Im's and several phone calls that you have not returned. You also told me that you sent it out and since then I haven't heard a word back from you. I'm not trying to be hateful about the whole situation - I was actually being really patient but it's cool. Hopefully you will be good enough to send my money back since obviously I am not going to get the plastics from you or a response to any of my phone calls. I wasn't trying to be a bitch about the situation but I was trying to let others know. I mean what was I supposed to do - you know that you haven't kept me informed. The last email I received from you was on June 9th saying you sent the plastics out the day before and I haven't heard anything from you since.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was the last email that I received from you and it clearly states that you sent the plastics out on June 8th!! So like I said what was I supposed to think??? I have no plastics and haven't heard from you either.

Nick Jones <[email protected]>
06/09/2005 01:46 PM

hey sorry i havent gotten back to you, i was having problems sending the tank, because it previously had gas in it, so i had to take care of that, but i sent them out yesterday, which was wed. and you should see them by monday...sorry about the delay......and not getting back to you
Nick

[email protected] wrote:

Hey Nick - I'm writing to you again because I still haven't got a response from you. *I am beginning to wonder if you didn't send me the plastics? *I really hope that is not the case.. Anyway, please let me know something..

Thanks,
Diania

·
Banned
815 Posts
Yeah I'm picking sides with Gixxerchic! I've been on the shit end of that stick before myself. I say, don't sell shit unless you know about shippping it already.
How the hell would they even know it had gas in it before unless you boxed it up with 2 gallons in it? I bought a used stunt tank one time and guess what, they're was mad amounts of gas still in it. The dude couldn't get it all out by tipping it or unhooking the petcock. So I'm still calling BS on you guy. Now stop picking on the innocent lady!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.