Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what the biggest rear tire possible to fit on a 04 600 with stock swingarm nothing modified? reason i ask is cause a friend of mine said he used to have a 205-207 on his b4? and i was like wtf? so he said a 200 will fit, so i was just wondering whats the biggest that will fit?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Why do you want to put a bigger tire on it?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I think you will be able to get a 200 in there, but not anything bigger.

·
Registered
258 Posts
im sure a 200 wont fit the rim.. i tried a 190 on my old gsxr600 it was good but felt real stiff and flat when i corned so when it wore i went back to a 180 and i forgot how much better it felt till i went back on the twisties...

·
Pro Racer
1,834 Posts
180 tire is the biggest you want to put on there. Otherwise your handling will go way down. You don't need a 190 or up tire anyways. It'd just be for looks after that.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
buddy34 said:
im sure a 200 wont fit the rim.. i tried a 190 on my old gsxr600 it was good but felt real stiff and flat when i corned so when it wore i went back to a 180 and i forgot how much better it felt till i went back on the twisties...
The 200 will fit the rim no problem, the only thing you have to worry about is the clearance between the swingarm. There is no point in having anything bigger than a 180 on any bike though, unless your racing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well the bikes already lowered so handlings gone, so i was tinking of just going ahead and puttig a 190 on , i know that will fit , my bro in law just did a 190 and its still has some clearence from the chain so it looks like a 200 will fit but just want to make sure b4 i think about purchasing it, and i know a beigger wheel will not handle well but its lowered and i like wide tires, but for those who have posted ur thoughts and ideas thanks, ust trying to get info

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
600 rims are 5.5 inch rims and 1k and srad 600/750 are 6 inch rims
If you put a 200 on it then it will look real bubblish not fat or anything like that. I would stick with 190 on your 5.5 rim if your into the big tire look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
04 Gsxr 600

I Run A 200 On My Bike I Have Lowered 3 Inches In The Back And Slid The Forks Down In The Front 1 3/4 Inch And Strap It When I Race You Will Have Plenty Of Room For The 200 I Highly Recomend To Go To A 520 Chain And Go Down 1 On The Front If You Like To Whellie If You Lower The Front

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an o4 1000. Had a wreck, bent my stock 6'' wheel and bought a used 5.5 and put the stock 190 on the 5.5, Like yall said the handling became sluggish but also because of the smaller wheel the tire rolls inward making it look smaller. Wore down the 190 and put a 180 on and boy does it handle quick. plus it doesnt look any smaller than the 190 on the 5.5 wheel which comes on all 600s and 750s. My 2 cents

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.