Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be living in an aparment while i'm in school, and although it's in a gated area, i won't have a garage to keep my bike in. Has anybody put an alarm on their bike before? If so, what type/style, and what did you think about it. There are some good prices on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...32043&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcN__Stores )
and it seems to have everything that you would need. Tilt/shock sensors.

Let me know what you guys have tried.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
If they want it bad enough they'll get it, when i lived in an apartment i rented a storage shed that I could park my car at when i wanted to take the bike out. It was only $35 a month but I just felt better not having it at my apartment, it wasn't a high crime area or anything but i don't like the idea of some douche getting near my bike. Just a way I went though but something to think about.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that wouldn't be a bad idea. I didn't think you could find them for that cheap, but if i could that would be really nice. My brother has a bike too so that would be cheap between the two of us.

If anyone knows about it though, still post up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just bought the Scorpio SR-i500. Easy install. It has a two way pager to let you know what's going on. The other weekend I rode my bike to a local bike accessory store and went into the store and left my keys in the ignition( I know I'm a dumbass!!) The alarm let me know that someone set off the perimiter alarm and I was outside in like 5 seconds. But like they say- if they really want it they will take it.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I really like that scorpio alarm too!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I think the scorpio is the best bet........... that is the one you see in the cycle mags all the time right, that will page you with any warnings on a key fob

·
Registered
293 Posts
alarm

im thinking of getting an alaram also, but a few of the guys here who i live with have bikes, we have couple of ways to secure our bikes, we are in an aparment style building, we are able to park the bikes next to a wall and have a car block them in, NO WAY to get the bikes out, only ways are over the car or move the car, we are planning on purchasing a chain guard to connect the bikes together, and we could also put alarms on the bikes,

·
Registered
522 Posts
quick fix.... park it in the dining room of the apartment. i have seen people do that. but that paging alarm is one thing i want just to play with and say i have it. storages here are very expensive, id be lucky to find one for less that 55-60/month. and then id have to drive over to the storage and get the bike out then put the truck in and finally go ride. to much effort. id get a back apartment that the manager doesnt see very often and park it inside. make a nice lil' catch all just incase it leaks anything. or if u have a fenced in little patio take it through the house and put it back there. some apartments have large enough patios to do this. good luck what ever you do, cause if they want it and its outside alarm or no alarm. they will get it. unless u get out there quick enough to squeeze a round off in thier hind quarters... (bust a cap in thier ***) :arsenal but always respect your gun laws and make sure u are in the right b4 u do that... :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
blue600 said:
the scorpio alarm sounds like a good idea, just curuous though, does the pager work when you're on a basement or like a movie theater?
I believe so. It has an "Ideal" two mile range I think. It pages you and tells you if the shock sensor, tilt sensor, ignition sensor is the one going off. I guess that is good, cause if it is the shock only, it might have been a car with subs.... but if it was tilt, someone is moving that bitch.

·
Registered
522 Posts
i was reading about it and ill look for the quote but i thought it specifically said good for basements and elevators or something to that extent hold up

·
Registered
522 Posts
By utilizing High Frequency FM technology, the SR-i500 transceiver is capable of sending and receiving commands from up to ½ Mile away from the motorcycle. It incorporates a selectable audible vibrating alert and a back lit LCD screen that displays alarm triggers and confirms system modes with easy to understand icons and text messages. This unique FM technology provides exceptional range and excellent penetration, even in those difficult areas such as shopping malls and underground parking garages.
Superior Sensing Mechanism:
The Analog Devices ADXL202 offers unmatched reliability.

lol well close enough to basements and theaters... 1/2 mile communitations is sweet! :thumbup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
freak_accident said:
quick fix.... park it in the dining room of the apartment. i have seen people do that. but that paging alarm is one thing i want just to play with and say i have it. storages here are very expensive, id be lucky to find one for less that 55-60/month. and then id have to drive over to the storage and get the bike out then put the truck in and finally go ride. to much effort. id get a back apartment that the manager doesnt see very often and park it inside. make a nice lil' catch all just incase it leaks anything. or if u have a fenced in little patio take it through the house and put it back there. some apartments have large enough patios to do this. good luck what ever you do, cause if they want it and its outside alarm or no alarm. they will get it. unless u get out there quick enough to squeeze a round off in thier hind quarters... (bust a cap in thier ***) :arsenal but always respect your gun laws and make sure u are in the right b4 u do that... :thumbup:
Yeah i had thought about the same thing, i can just see some problems with the apartment management over that one. I am going to look and see if any of the apartments have a little patio area that we could use to put them in. If they are that close to the apartment, and we could chain them up, i would feel a little better about it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
robinsok said:
Yeah i had thought about the same thing, i can just see some problems with the apartment management over that one. I am going to look and see if any of the apartments have a little patio area that we could use to put them in. If they are that close to the apartment, and we could chain them up, i would feel a little better about it.

you never know the manager might ride too. if so im sure they would understand and let it slide. just get or make a good catch all that u can park it in just in case it leaks. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.