Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the problem im having with my 06 gsxr 600. I just got the bike with 350 miles on it and changed all the fluids, changed spark plugs, and air filter and removed the exhaust servo when i put on my slip on m4 pipe. The bike when you first start it runs fine i can rev the bike and it will go to 16000 rpms like it is suppost to, but when im ridin the bike and i go to "hit it" i bog down power at about 12000 rpms the bike will never go over 125 it seems its not gettin gas or something, the bike has 2200 miles on it now and its been doing this problem since i got the bike. I heard it is the exhaust O2 sensor but im not sure and if anyone has any helpful tips i would appreciate it this is driving me nuts. Still since i bought the bike have not been able to see what its full potential is.

·
24,533 Posts
Did you clean the secondary fuel filter? Sitting for 4 years & only seeing 350 miles before you bought it it may be full of crap. Enough fuel gets through to rev the bike & rides around fine but can't pass a large volume to run at high RPM under load.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i never tried that but that does sound like that could be the problem, how do i go about cleaning it or do i just need to get a new one? Cause i figured it wasnt getting enough gas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i cleaned the filter in the fuel pump and still with the same problems, any other ideas?????

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey bro it might be your kickstand sensor. I had the same problem on my 06 600. It would rev up fine but when i would reach higher rpms it would bog out. I concluded that it was the sensor and i went the cheap easy route and just cut and spliced the wires. Havent had a problem with it since

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know i think you might be right with the kick stand sensor cause even when im riding and i hit a bump in the road the bike cuts out for a second, also wats the STVA i have seen other people tell me that but dont know what it is.

·
Super Moderator
8,122 Posts
secondary throttle valve actuator... they are a set of butterflies in your tb that can get stuck if the solder job on the actuator goes splitzky

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
K thanks bro, im gonna try both the kickstand issue and the stva and see what happens cause my kickstand is mad loose and the pin doesnt go all the way inn when the stand is up. But thanks for the advice and i will let u know what happens

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody for the help and the problem is solved. It was the kickstand sensor, i dont know how or why it was causing so much trouble but its fixed now!!!! Bike now redlines every gear with no problem.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Thanks everybody for the help and the problem is solved. It was the kickstand sensor, i dont know how or why it was causing so much trouble but its fixed now!!!! Bike now redlines every gear with no problem.
After a wile the spring looses It's sprung. You can take it an extra step and use it as an anti-teft deterrent. Loop the wires to a toggle switch some where.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow! with those symtoms I would never had guessed it to be kickstand sensor, my money would have been on fuel filter.

Learn something every day on this site, well nearly, (lol).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same problems!

:smash:

Rightso I got my srad November 2012, ran fine done what it should do. Then me alarm killed the battery now so got a s4 c1 red data tool fitted. Battery dies again over Xmas as it was too snowy to take it out. Batty died again, so bought another and fitted a trickle charger. This time the bike won't start but you could hear it trying to start. Got a garage to pick it up, had the carbs cleaned plus new sparks, good as new he told me. Took it through town doing 30-35 all good could wait to open it up. Got to my favourite stretch open the throttle and bogged down in 3rd doing about 40-45 mph held the throttle in one position and it will gain, then lose power but never reaching 50mph. I've added fuel additive some mogul stuff, I've heard about carb icing, fuel jets, air filter, now on this forum I've seen about the side stand sensor? It was fine before Xmas and did some crazy speed on it all rid well, fine... Now this.. The bloke said I may need to run a couple of tanks of fuel through but surely it can't be just that. It idles fine, revs fine idling it just feels like its losing power from fuel starvation? :0001136745-huh:
I've tried kinked pipes and all looks ok under there..

Someone please help me!

Also on there is two pipes coming out or look like they coming out the top inside of the carbs that's like a T pipe and leads to a single pipe? What's this? It has a clip on and looks like it should go somewhere.

·
Registered
431 Posts
:smash:

Rightso I got my srad November 2012, ran fine done what it should do. Then me alarm killed the battery now so got a s4 c1 red data tool fitted. Battery dies again over Xmas as it was too snowy to take it out. Batty died again, so bought another and fitted a trickle charger. This time the bike won't start but you could hear it trying to start. Got a garage to pick it up, had the carbs cleaned plus new sparks, good as new he told me. Took it through town doing 30-35 all good could wait to open it up. Got to my favourite stretch open the throttle and bogged down in 3rd doing about 40-45 mph held the throttle in one position and it will gain, then lose power but never reaching 50mph. I've added fuel additive some mogul stuff, I've heard about carb icing, fuel jets, air filter, now on this forum I've seen about the side stand sensor? It was fine before Xmas and did some crazy speed on it all rid well, fine... Now this.. The bloke said I may need to run a couple of tanks of fuel through but surely it can't be just that. It idles fine, revs fine idling it just feels like its losing power from fuel starvation? :0001136745-huh:
I've tried kinked pipes and all looks ok under there..

Someone please help me!

Also on there is two pipes coming out or look like they coming out the top inside of the carbs that's like a T pipe and leads to a single pipe? What's this? It has a clip on and looks like it should go somewhere.

I believe gsxr dave that the "pipe your talking about is hoses and if its the one I m thinking of it goes to the front of the airbox.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe gsxr dave that the "pipe your talking about is hoses and if its the one I m thinking of it goes to the front of the airbox.
Mate I took they tank off cleaned the fuel filter pump thing was well cleaned the air filter, made sure was all ok... Can't find anything wrong with it, no clue.. There's a pipe that leads from top airbox to bottom which is connected but the pipe u about don't look like it goes where u said.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts