Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night im riding on the highway in 4th gear going approx 130 mph, we get to a straight away and i start to twist the throttle more, now im at 145 still twisting the throttle to go faster. then all of a sudden out of nowhere my bike jerks hard and my speed drops to 90-100 mph.this scared the sh!t out of me because i was rolln and i felt my bike tire lock up for a split second (lucky i wasnt in a turn). When my bike jerked i immediately looked at my gauges, i saw my speed drop and the gear indicator didn't say 4 instead it was a dash( - )...after i slowed to 90-100 mph i tried givin it more throttle but that didn't do anything.i kicked it down to 3rd,2nd and back up to 3rd and just cruised the rest of the way home.

Does anyone know why this happened or what exactly happened? I'm scared to ride my bike fast again because i dont want that happening again at the wrong time. I have a 2007 gsxr1000 which is still stock except for
the HotBodies slash cut pipes and PPM custom see thru clutch cover,I had this bike for a year now. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine will slip out every once in a while but its usually because I didnt get it fully into gear on my last shift. When mine does it thou it just acts like its in neutral. Never had it jerk or had the tire lock up or anything. And I dont think a failing clutch would make it do this either.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check your chain. The only time my bike experienced what you've just described, jerking tire etc., my chain had jump the sprocket. If that is the case you got really lucky, as my chain ended up putting a hole in the engine casing. It could've locked the wheel up and it could've of ended in a crash. A lock up at 40 mph can land you on your ass. At 100+ mph it just might kill you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check your chain. The only time my bike experienced what you've just described, jerking tires etc., my chain had jump the sprocket.
I agree with this, check the chain tension and clean/lube it if you havent in a while. Also make sure when you shift into gear, kick it up hard, you want to make sure its fully engaged.

Same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago, my chain was way too loose, dangerously loose. It is my first NEW bike and that stock chain gets loose when its new. I dont know if your bike is new too, just throwing my experience out there. :cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My bike has about 5000 miles on it. when this happened I wasn't shifting at all, I was already in gear. I also didn't
hear any weird noises or anything. It still rides smooth and everything now at street speeds. I just do want to open it up on the highway again until i figure out whats goin on

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like the answer is really simple. Don't ride like a moron and your bike won't try to kick you off.
+1

Asshats going 150 on public roads are the reason you guys have to keep complaining about the cops getting on our asses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.