Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need help! The bike is a 2005 GSXR-750, and as I was changing the throttle grip I noticed that I was turning the throttle as if giving gas while trying to slide on the grip....well after two or three twists I realized what I was doing and I was afraid that I might have flooded it- so I turned the engine over for a coulpe of seconds and then turned it off. The next day I went to start the bike up to go for a ride and it sounded like it was choking and kept stalling. I thought that it was just cold- so I took it for a spin around the block and it started back firing and putting along and choking.

I need help/advice. Its brand new, I only use 93 or higher octane, I start the bike once every week or two weeks, only around 340 miles on it and the only performance mods that I made was a bolt on Blue Flame exhaust(the bike ran fine after I installed it a week ago). I started to troubleshoot it by taking off the new exhaust and putting back on the stock can- but it still does the same thing. Sorry for the long letter but I just wanted you guys to know the full story so that I can get some good feedback.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
You can't flood the fuel injection because the key has to be on for the pump to pump fuel.
How old is the gas you have?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Pretty much what I was going to tell you. More than likely installing your exhaust made it rich, and therefore fouled the plugs.... jsut took a while to do so.

Get that thing mapped

·
Registered
488 Posts
Motojoe_23 said:
Pretty much what I was going to tell you. More than likely installing your exhaust made it rich, and therefore fouled the plugs.... jsut took a while to do so.

Get that thing mapped
hey guys hows it going, i was reading thru the post and had a question for ya.. why would putting a bolt on can make the bike run rich/foul plugs? wouldnt if anything it run leaner with the after market can? just curious as to why the plugs fouled so fast on a new bike. i have a rs3 ti on my 1k with almost a 1000 miles with no problems so far. is it possible he fouled the plugs by starting the engine and shutting it off too many times with out letting it run up to temp? (always on cold start enrichment).

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
2004gsxr1000 said:
hey guys hows it going, i was reading thru the post and had a question for ya.. why would putting a bolt on can make the bike run rich/foul plugs? wouldnt if anything it run leaner with the after market can? just curious as to why the plugs fouled so fast on a new bike. i have a rs3 ti on my 1k with almost a 1000 miles with no problems so far. is it possible he fouled the plugs by starting the engine and shutting it off too many times with out letting it run up to temp? (always on cold start enrichment).
It used to make them run lean on Carbed bikes....... true.

But in my experience on FI bikes it is VERY common for them to actually get rich when addign exhaust.

I know a guy who is considered one of the best map makers in the state, and he says they are almost always rich now days.

I am a very good mechanic, but when it comes to fluid dynamics and high performance tuning......... it is like black majic man... very few people REALLY understand it totally

Add FI tuning to that, and it gets even stranger when you start adding sensors and stuff.

Ask any dyno tuner, and you will see, that todays bikes actually get richer. Most people are just used to the idea of them getting leaner.

But regardless........... GET IT TUNED RIGHT

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Well you can get an EMS for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
CS-05 said:
I need help! The bike is a 2005 GSXR-750, and as I was changing the throttle grip I noticed that I was turning the throttle as if giving gas while trying to slide on the grip....well after two or three twists I realized what I was doing and I was afraid that I might have flooded it- so I turned the engine over for a coulpe of seconds and then turned it off. The next day I went to start the bike up to go for a ride and it sounded like it was choking and kept stalling. I thought that it was just cold- so I took it for a spin around the block and it started back firing and putting along and choking.

I need help/advice. Its brand new, I only use 93 or higher octane, I start the bike once every week or two weeks, only around 340 miles on it and the only performance mods that I made was a bolt on Blue Flame exhaust(the bike ran fine after I installed it a week ago). I started to troubleshoot it by taking off the new exhaust and putting back on the stock can- but it still does the same thing. Sorry for the long letter but I just wanted you guys to know the full story so that I can get some good feedback.
look for your spark plug gauge them check the true color if is black wrong if is brown is good

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
its already been taken care of.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.