Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys. I've had a sh***y day so far today. I'm a personal trainer in Carmel, Indiana, and one of my bosses clients came in and said she hit a blue bike out in the parking lot. Everyone always jokes about it, but today it was true. I walked outside to see my 2004 GSX-R 600 laying on it's side, like a BMX bike. I have never felt the emotion of pissed/sad in the same instance.

I picked it up, and the bike is trashed. It is ridable, but trashed. Both Side Panels are screwed. That's about $500-700 a side. The windshield stayed intact, but it cracked on the inside part where one of the side mirrors are. The back part of the bike where the 2nd seat is, is broken. One turn signal is completely gone.

She did this by pulling into our parking lot, and then backing up. I think she was talking on a cell phone, and backed up right over it. I took it to my local Suzuki Dealership, and a real "rough" estimate is between $2000-2500. It's totally on her, and I have her info, and she is very important person in this community where I live, so I'll be hearing from her later today if not tomorrow morning.

I'm still really pissed because I don't know how you can miss a PARKED FREAKIN BIKE, but I'm glad that I won't have to pay a freakin dime. I don't think she understood how much this was going to cost her, until I started talking about how much those side panels are. Her insurance is going to skyrocket.

Sorry, this is long, but I just wanted to vent. Later.

The REAL TO

·
Registered
281 Posts
im in bloomington....sorryabout the bike, did you have frame sliders? they make such a diff. you should ride to bloomington some day!!! check out my bike its on the bikes forum under( rettilajoies bike and mug)...ski posted it for me couldntfigure out how to get them on there!!!! look at my beer gut !!!i use to be in great shape any reco. ?????? :thumbup: stop drink so much beer right!!!!!

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
ha, a friends of my co worker got his ducatti monster ran over by a H2!!! In front of a coffee bean. Story is kinda funny, but they are all just kicking in front of the coffee bean, his ducatti is parked on street, and in back of his bike, is a h2, which is pretty far away.

So there all kicking, and they see the woman get into the big ass H2, and my friend says jokingly, "hey man, i'd move your bike, i don't think she can see over the wheel." But the guy thought it was cool cause she was parked pretty fucking far away, like it wasn;t a tight squeeze.

Then all of a sudden, they here a crash! They look out and theres the lady, ran right over his ducatti, and she has a look on her face like, "why the hell isn't my car moving?" she ran over it and moved it forward cause she tried to keep going, and then finally someone runs up and says "stop, you hit osmething." She ran right over the sucker. What was her excuse? She couldn't see it in front of her. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
make sure she gets you a rental!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
haha no the duc is in ballhawks story... his bike was GSXR i ment for her to get him a rental till his bike is fixed...

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
shiiit man, fix as much stuff yourself as you can so you can pocket the rest....goo dluck bud....i been there a few times now with my '04

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
haha yeah im waiting on mine now also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.