Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup peeps? i have an '04 gixxer 750, but on march 12 '05 i was driving to work when a car pulled out from a private drive and stopped in my lane. luckely i was only going about 40mph but i had 20 feet to stop. got away with a scrape on my knee, busted lip, and a slight fracture on my wrist. the bike it totaled, the from the radiator on up is gone, frame broke at the neck. whats unfortinate for me is the 40yr old male did not have a dl or insurance on the vehicle, so im screwed. (by the way the police let him drive the car off the scene)
now that i have shared my story here's the big question.

has anyone ever had to rebuild a bike using half of a good bike and getting new parts to replace the broken ones. i am having a real hard time finding a frame due to the fact that suzuki will not sell a frame to anyone anymore.
will the bike be safe to ride again? any suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
check ebay, they usually have everything you need. I've built a complete bike off of ebay.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I did it all myself, no cost for the labor.

·
Registered
295 Posts
wow that totally sucks....here that would be like 5k in fines and a 1 year licence suspention..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Sue him, take him to small calims, there are way for you to garnish his paycheck with a court order.

there is no way I would let someone get away with trashing my bike then not paying for it :arsenal

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tatsu said:
wow that totally sucks....here that would be like 5k in fines and a 1 year licence suspention..

well they couldnt suspend his license b/c he didnt have any. i have a lawyer but he keeps trying to make claims on my own insurance, so im about to dump him. i just want to get up and running again

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
BRETT_D said:
well they couldnt suspend his license b/c he didnt have any. i have a lawyer but he keeps trying to make claims on my own insurance, so im about to dump him. i just want to get up and running again
where are you located?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.