Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GSXR 750 with about 11500 miles on it. I just recently gotten a new Stator and Rectifier put on and everything was fine with the bike. I then went out of town for 2 weeks, when I came back it feels like the bike is making me switch gears at a faster pace near/close to 2000 rpms. The bike is revving hard in 2nd gear when I get close to 25 miles per hour. It just seems like before hand I was getting more speed per shift but now I have to shift gears very quickly, or risk sounding like a fool with my bike revving hard in lower gears and ideas on what this could be Is this common or is there something wrong with my bike...? I’m willing to answer and question. It’s hard to describe what my bike is doing cause I looked and couldn’t really find anyone else with this problem. Thank you in advance for the helpful tips.

·
SuperMod of the North
27,724 Posts
Is your clutch slipping? In 1st or 2nd gear does it still pull hard when you accelerate hard? From what I read in your post the bike starts and idles fine but the RPMs go up faster than before for the same speed. I would start by checking the clutch lever and making sure there is the correct amount of play. No play means the clutch is not fully engaged when the lever is released. Are the levers OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Did they change the chain and sprockets too? Like tin asked, is the clutch slipping?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts