Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to look at a 01 GSXR600 that has been sitting for over 6 months (because he was overseas) and it now has a dead battery. What are some things i should look for and possible replace/change if i decide to buy?

·
Registered
31 Posts
well just in general when looking to buy any used vehicle you should look around the head to make sure that there isn't an excess of oil around it. also you should rev it and make sure its not spittin out blue smoke...you could run it hard if u get to test drive it too and then when u get back check for oil in the exhaust. if there is any of that u might have a little bit of engine work to do. but if the bike is cheap enough who cares right? haha. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
i left my key in my bike and the battery died once. i just stuck it in first, got some speed and compression started it. (make sure the fuel injector switch is on the the key is in the one position.) i'm a major squid but didn't they start fuel injecting in 01??? anyways if that works let it run for a while and ride it, the battery should charge itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.