Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike got stolen yesterday from my garage (05 600). I have full coverage insurance. Can you guys help me with any tips on dealing with the insurance company or anything else? I filed a police report and called the insurance of course last night, but am waiting for claim rep to call me today to discuss the details. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
When mine got stolen, initially the insurance company made me feel like I was at fault as they were asking me questions like "have you missed any paments on your bike".....or "was the bike recently in an accident"........which made me mad as I'm thinking "look people I just got my bike stolen and your making me feel like I did something wrong or decieving you to get a free bike or whatever", but I had to realize there is SO much fraud out there and that they are just doing they're job...

My insurance company took all the pertinent information, then waited for 30 days before they will make a payoff as they wait to see if it turns up. If it doesn't turn up, they will then at that point negotiate a payoff value etc......

In the meantime, get any/all reciepts you have for anything you purchased for the bike as my company was paying me for my dowco cover, my helmet, and other things that were stolen with my bike, and be prepared as best as you can.

I feel for you man. It was about the lowest point of my life when my bike was stolen, and I hated everyone for a while. But hopefully it will all work out for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheJoker said:
When mine got stolen, initially the insurance company made me feel like I was at fault as they were asking me questions like "have you missed any paments on your bike".....or "was the bike recently in an accident"........which made me mad as I'm thinking "look people I just got my bike stolen and your making me feel like I did something wrong or decieving you to get a free bike or whatever", but I had to realize there is SO much fraud out there and that they are just doing they're job...

My insurance company took all the pertinent information, then waited for 30 days before they will make a payoff as they wait to see if it turns up. If it doesn't turn up, they will then at that point negotiate a payoff value etc......

In the meantime, get any/all reciepts you have for anything you purchased for the bike as my company was paying me for my dowco cover, my helmet, and other things that were stolen with my bike, and be prepared as best as you can.

I feel for you man. It was about the lowest point of my life when my bike was stolen, and I hated everyone for a while. But hopefully it will all work out for you.

Good luck.
Thanks, Bro. Actually the police asked me those kind of questions, but I understand - you are right, they are doing their job.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Well if it was stolen in your garage your house inscurance might pay for it.

Just call your inscurance company both house and motorcycle and dont give up till you get a new bike :thumbup:

I hate people that steal other peoples things. At least go steal from a company instead when it w ont affect them as much at all

·
Registered
68 Posts
whoever did it had some balls! they had to been eyeballing your house for awhile. you remember any suspicious cars driving by or people walking by? can't even have nothing nice without some low lifes tryin to rip it off! :bringiton

·
Registered
484 Posts
XPointBlakeX said:
At least go steal from a company instead when it w ont affect them as much at all
You DO realize that lots of companies out there are single person owner or mom & pop shops. One big scam can put them out of business. I'm sure you didn't quite mean it that way.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
toml71 said:
whoever did it had some balls! they had to been eyeballing your house for awhile. you remember any suspicious cars driving by or people walking by? can't even have nothing nice without some low lifes tryin to rip it off! :bringiton
Thanks guys for the support. Only if I knew who did it... :bringiton

·
Registered
812 Posts
stolen

i feel for you.i just went through the same deal.i gave the insurance company every single reciept including helmet.i just got the money back about two weeks ago.the bitch is finding another bike so all your gear matches or just finding another for the insurance amount.good luck man....im still looking

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pimppapa1977 said:
i feel for you.i just went through the same deal.i gave the insurance company every single reciept including helmet.i just got the money back about two weeks ago.the bitch is finding another bike so all your gear matches or just finding another for the insurance amount.good luck man....im still looking
Will they pay me for the helmet? I didn't know the insurance will cover it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alhambra PD here in LA just called me. They had found the bike left in an alley in Alhambra. The bike has been wrecked, has missing tires and several other parts and missing license plate. The insurance company already paid the bank, so now it is their problem. I just loved my bike and feel bad that some mo**er f***er trashed it.

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
05GSXR600 said:
Alhambra PD here in LA just called me. They had found the bike left in an alley in Alhambra. The bike has been wrecked, has missing tires and several other parts and missing license plate. The insurance company already paid the bank, so now it is their problem. I just loved my bike and feel bad that some mo**er f***er trashed it.
hey it doesn't sound too bad. Do you think its fixable? Then again, your right, insurance paid the bank its there problem now. Too bad, i might have been worth it to buy it back (as a salvage title) and fix it.

And fucking theives. They should learn how to ride.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
when mine was stolen, insurance had me on a 30 day wait till they would pay out anything.....i'll be damned they found the bike on the 30th day!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
my friend got his 05' 750 jacked in front of the ralphs supermarket on main st in alhambra.. he went in for 5 minutes came back out and it was gone.. i feel bad for him cuz he only had it for 2 months or so.. damn thieves..

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Mine was stolen one year to the day after I bought it. I guess it was my own fault for washing it. There was no way you could tell it had over 15,000 miles on it without starting it up. Maybe I'm just being bitter and sarcastic. Oh well. Unless the thieves have kept it in their living room for the past month and a half, it's toast by now. Even if they haven't wrecked it (it still had track tires and reverse pattern shifting and even track suspension setup...) or stripped it for parts or whatever, I hadn't gotten around to replacing the antifreeze after my last trackday. All it had was water, and the temp has dropped well below freezing and stayed there for several days at a time since then. :headshake Even if the police find it, I'll just make it into a track-only bike after I replace the engine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.