Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just fixed the spark plugs on my bike, and now I have a different issue. After it fires up, and I drive it for about 5-10 minutes, it will begin to bog down like it's starvin for gas or somethin, and then just die. It won't restart for about 5-10 minutes after this happens also. I don't understand what this problem could be. I just put new gas lines on it, so I know they aren't clogged. Every line is routed correctly, but it still acts like it's runnin way to lean, or way too rich. One or the other. Could this just be the carbs out of adjustment? I believe the problem lies within the carbs, but I'm also no pro on carbs or bikes yet. Any advice can help me out, I just need a starting point. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The older GSXR tanks were prone to rusting. The petcocks often get buggered and don't allow enough fuel to flow.
You may want to start there. You can pull the petcock and see if it's full of rusty shit.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
If that does not work you will probally have sediment in the carbs that need cleaned out. Pull the bowls off and check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.