Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my bike away last Nov. took out the battery and put sta-bil in the gas. Took it out last week and it started right up ran for about a min or two and died. Tried to start it again and it just would crank away. I checked the fuses, started motor, starter realy, change the spark plugs and took out the old gas, put in sea foam and new gas, still nothing. Put some ether in it started for a sec or two and died. Battery is fine and i am out of ideas, anyone???

·
Registered
344 Posts
WOW that sux, hopefully its something simple. Wish i could help. Someone should be able to help you track down the problem, but then again there probably to busy arguing about what the "K" stands for in the year of our bikes..:lol:

Good luck to you..:thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
might just be too much sta-bil...try draining the tank and flushing the lines...mines ran like s#!t until i went thru about 3 tanks...oh...it cleared up when i added octane booster to the tank...but MEASURE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR GALLONS OF FUEL...
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
try dealer mode? fuel pump?
Yea tried dealer mode no codes just the -c000. Fuel pump is good. I can hear it and i pulled off the hose and turned on the bike and a good stream a gas came out.

might just be too much sta-bil...try draining the tank and flushing the lines...mines ran like s#!t until i went thru about 3 tanks...oh...it cleared up when i added octane booster to the tank...but MEASURE IT ACCORDING TO YOUR GALLONS OF FUEL...
:thumbup::thumbup:
Yea i dumped the old gas out and put in sea foam and new gas still didn't work.

sounds like fuel delivery to me.
Yea i pull the throttle body off today and pulled and cleaned all the injectors but one had a bad o-ring so i gotta go to a shop tomo. and get a new one hope this works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok clean out the injectors and put it all back together and still nothing. I guess i can ground out the plug and see if i am getting a good spark. Also someone said to check the stator cover. Not really sure where it is or what it does?? anyone??

·
Registered
914 Posts
see thats why i dont put anything in my gas over the winter. the gas isn't going to go bad sitting in the bike for six months. i just put a battery tender on it, and make sure i have a full tank of gas and its good to go. and i haven't had any problems the last 2 winters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shes alive!!!!
I could see that the valve steams had some carbon build-up on them so i took a cap full of sea foam and poured it across all 4 intakes. It would start up for a few sec and white smoke was pouring out the exhaust. I repeated that a few times and final got her to stay on.

Now today it starts but i can see the tps isn't working right. It either stays all the way open or stays closed either way it runs for a min and stalls out. I am going to check the service manual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.