Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m having issue with my 08 gsxr600 when I cold start it fires up with no issue.. when I hot start it… it struggles cracks but starts after some tries and little white smoke comes out of exhaust pipe. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks

·
Administrator
11,696 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That is not a lot of information to go on. I'm not sure what "struggles cracks" means?

Are you starting the bike with the throttle closed as recommended? When it starts, at what rpm does it idle?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I agree with the above, not much info. If it starts when cold but not when hot you could have tight valves (ever had a valve adjustment?). Is the white smoke coming out only once hot and does it stop or does it increase when you give it throttle and is the smoke actually white or is it bluish white (oil burning/worn rings).

If it looks like a fog machine and is fogging everything then you most likely have a separated head gasket (white smoke). How does your oil look? If it looks like chocolate milk you have a huge problem and you DO NOT want to run the bike anymore. The engine needs to come apart.

Cracks during running or starting can be a timing issue as if your cam chain has jumped timing or your CCT has failed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts