Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 01 750. It had flushmounts on the front and a cheap integrator in the back. I went to change the fronts out with short stalks and now i have problems.
The right blinker in front lights up solid, but doesnt blink and the left has nothing at all. All the connections are good.
Also, now the rears don't work either. (brake lights work, turn dignals dont)

I know the previous owner messed with the electrical b/c the brights are always on (I'd rather be able to switch to lows). But why is everything so screwed up. Can someone PLEASE point me in the right direction? :headscrat

I'm thinking of hoing to a hotbodies undertail w/ turn signals in it, but I want everything to work. :headshake

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
they only need two wires, since they don't have running lights.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
???

skibum91 said:
they only need two wires, since they don't have running lights.
When I went down on a friend's bike and messed up the right side of the bike and destroyed the flushmounts. I brought the ones with two wires and they would not blink. :headshake They would just light up with the signal on. I brought the one's with 3 wires and they worked fine. :clap: The bike had 3 wires to match the flushmounts. Same deal with my gixxer, I put the flushmounts on with the 3 wires and they work perfectly. I know they sell marker lights that look just like turn signal lights. One has 2 wires and the other has three. :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
thats weird cause my bike only has 2 wires! the guy at the dealership ( where i bought the flushmounts) said that my bike should have 3 wires so i bought the flushmounts that had 3 wires, so anyways, to make a story short, i go to install them and there is only 2 wires on my gixxer! so i just cut that 3rd wire off that i wasnt using and now they work fine except for they blink really fast (which i kinda like)!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the help. I figured it out. It was something in the taillight integrator. The fronts still blink fast but I'm hoping that is because I don't have any rear signals. I have brake and running lights on the tail and working fronts, now I just have to wire up my short stalk LED's to match the fronts. ;)

Now if I could only tackle my "always on" brights. :headscrat

The irony of all this is, the previous owner was an electrition. :lol:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
mr_gsxr750 said:
thats weird cause my bike only has 2 wires! the guy at the dealership ( where i bought the flushmounts) said that my bike should have 3 wires so i bought the flushmounts that had 3 wires, so anyways, to make a story short, i go to install them and there is only 2 wires on my gixxer! so i just cut that 3rd wire off that i wasnt using and now they work fine except for they blink really fast (which i kinda like)!
i found that when i wired the signals on the rear backwards....(had the positive and negative switched....they blinked fast. wired them correctly, they blinked at normal speed.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
scott2t2 said:
i found that when i wired the signals on the rear backwards....(had the positive and negative switched....they blinked fast. wired them correctly, they blinked at normal speed.
i tohught if i would hook them up backwards, they would burn out or jus tnot work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.