Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew my left front fork seal a while back. It was a strange occurance that it happened. I've been riding it ever so often until I have the cash to get it fixed. AM I doing any harm to the bike or potentially myself by riding? It's not a severe leak but does seep some. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The fluid is running down into you braking system and could get on your rotors, and on your tiers. To each his own but I just would not take the chance of riding it. Seals are cheep its the labor that will get you. Find a local track and ask a racer for help. a Seal driver not that bad of a price .. I just ordered mine.

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you are really hard pressed for time and money you can use a small self tapping screw to remove the seals without taking the forks apart. Pop the dust seal out with a flat head screw driver. Remove the spring clip that holds the oil seal in place. Screw the csrew into the oil seal and use pliers to pull the seal out. It is not the best way but if you have to it will get the job done. *There is a chance you could scratch you inner fork tube so you must be very carefull.*

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.