Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone so I got my icon airframe ghost carbon, and looking into a bluetooth headset for it, I've looked into the sena 20s would you guys recommend or what do you think about

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
There not bad I run the scaler ryder g9 currently on my airframes no issues.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've never owned one of these. How do they preform at 70 mph? Could you answer a call and the other person hear you fine? I really want one but scared I'll just waste my money. And how loud do they get? Can you hear music and 70 mph?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never owned one of these. How do they preform at 70 mph? Could you answer a call and the other person hear you fine? I really want one but scared I'll just waste my money. And how loud do they get? Can you hear music and 70 mph?
For the sena 20s I heard there loud and can hear everything pretty clear I just want to no what else is out there that might be better then the sena 20s before I go out and buy it

·
Registered
45 Posts
The rider to rider communication is a HUGE benefit

- Makes any slab riding go by much quicker by having someone to talk to
- Allows a rider up front to warn riders of debris on road, farm girl on a tractor, deer, etc
- I need gas, I need to pee, etc
- You get to play "Tap Out", which can be hilarious
- You learn a lot more about your fellow riders when you talk for 12 hours straight (What is shared on Sena, stays on Sena)
- At full charge, I have never had my batteries die in a single day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rider to rider communication is a HUGE benefit

- Makes any slab riding go by much quicker by having someone to talk to
- Allows a rider up front to warn riders of debris on road, farm girl on a tractor, deer, etc
- I need gas, I need to pee, etc
- You get to play "Tap Out", which can be hilarious
- You learn a lot more about your fellow riders when you talk for 12 hours straight (What is shared on Sena, stays on Sena)
- At full charge, I have never had my batteries die in a single day
Lol its exactly what I want , now I heard the FM radio is not the best with the signal they have some issues, have they fix that with any firmware update

·
Registered
43 Posts
Find out what your buddies use. Many communication devices won't talk to other brands. I have the Sena SMH10. It is very good. I use it to pair my phone and navigation. The SM20 adds more connectivity and better range, I believe. You may have the option of earbuds or speakers. Earbuds are a pain for me to keep seated in the ear with a helmet on, so I use speakers. I also wear earplugs, so the stock speakers aren't particularly good for listening to music at highway speeds. I added some bigger aftermarket speakers. A modest improvement.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
For the sena 20s I heard there loud and can hear everything pretty clear I just want to no what else is out there that might be better then the sena 20s before I go out and buy it
I use it on a daily, u can como at low speed, safety of course. Clarity is great plus being in contact with ur friends. Or u can just jam to some tunes on the open road.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had the 20s for a few weeks now, had it in my old speed and strength ss700 and the speakers created some hot spots to be anywhere near where you could hear them. Now I have them in my new scorpion exo-r710 and holy canoli it is a night and day difference. Helmet is a much better fit but that's besides the point. Back to the sena...

More than ample volume for around town, Bluetooth music is pretty solid even with the small speakers (mostly rock music so I don't demand a huge amount of bass, and I'm a bit of a music junkie so I have decent standards). FM radio is great in my opinion, wire the right speaker cable over the crown of the helmet and you will have great reception. Helmet inside the house comes in beter than my truck out on the road. The phone is a great feature, I've had a few phone calls and no one can really tell I'm on a bike. The controls are super easy once you remember how many taps on which button, or you can just use the voice commands which is nice.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I love my sena 20s! The helmet plays a big role in how well it works IMO..I had it in my scorpion exo 500, and it was terrible. Switched it to my shoei rf 1200 and it was awesome!

The only thing i hate about it is if your buddies get out of range then the thing beeps and beeps and its quite annoying...im sure there is an easy way to fix that but i am yet to figure it out.

I saw someone said they upgraded the speakers on the sena, what did you upgrade them to??

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bumping this. I have the SENA 20s and at higher speeds it's shocking in my scorpion experience 500 as well.

But I don't want to buy a new helmet yet. Anybody know what speakers I can upgrade to and how to install them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts