Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 gsxr 1000 .... under full throttle it boggs down like its not getting gas. Adjusted tps and also tried disconn tps (Dont recommend doing...Im not that again) Does anyone have any suggestions on what they think problem may be? No f1 codes come up in dealer mode.:headscrat

·
Registered
13 Posts
spring cleaning

I have a 2002 gsxr 1000 .... under full throttle it boggs down like its not getting gas. Adjusted tps and also tried disconn tps (Dont recommend doing...Im not that again) Does anyone have any suggestions on what they think problem may be? No f1 codes come up in dealer mode.:headscrat
check your spark plugs and air filter first if they are clean then you may want to do a little spring cleaning on the fuel injectors that should take care of it my 05 750 did it and i changed my plugs filter and cleaned the injectors and its never run better

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Need alittle more information to help answer your questions... What do you have or had done to the bike also is there a power commander etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
2002 Gsxr 1000 throttle delay under full throttle

The only mod on my bike is a Yoshi tri oval slip on. No power commander. Im debating taking it into dealer but I have heard all kinds of horrible stories about dealers replacing stuff that does not need done and repair bills running into big $$ for simple fixes

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Then only thing left is to check over plugs and verify everything is connected correctly. The Fi is only sensor related so anything that is off in that nature would throw a code. You say you have a slip on was the exhaust valve system disconneted?

·
Registered
712 Posts
STV working properly? (Will need manual and volt meter to check) The fuel pump pushing fuel as it should? Will it take 3/4 throttle all the way to redline with no problems? If it's running out of gas, running at high rpm for any length of time should be enough to run it dry. If you simply whack it open and it falls on it's face it might be the secondaries having issues.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 03 600. Turns out the "filter", the screen on the fuel pump with all clogged up. Maybe drop the fuel pump and check it out. It isn't that big of an ordeal maybe an hour or so and you can change the plugs and filter while you have the tank off.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a similar issue with my 03 600. Turns out the "filter", the screen on the fuel pump with all clogged up. Maybe drop the fuel pump and check it out. It isn't that big of an ordeal maybe an hour or so and you can change the plugs and filter while you have the tank off.
Where is the filter ?? iv had the tank off today ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
how hard are the plugs to take out
the spark plugs?

they are easy just pull all the screws out of the top of the air box lid, there are going to be quite a few of them. then you will see a couple electrical connections on the bottom of the air box lid and a couple hoses as well, disconnect all of those. Finally, if you look at the bottom of the air box from the sides you'll see two screws on each side that hold the air box to the throttle bodies, loosen those up some and pull the air box off. You will be looking directly at the coils on the plugs now.

·
Registered
927 Posts
odd, it pulls up fine for me. you have to have adobe acrobat installed on your computer to view it since it is in .pdf format.

google adobe acrobat and install that and try it again

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.