Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cool, although I'm on a Monster, not a Kawi or Yamaha. I have a buddy on a 'Busa, though, does that count?

I left work early and went up to Garden Valley the other Friday when it was warm and practically had the road to myself.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been out every day this last week, Weds in the drizzle was by far the best :thumbup:

Nothing beats getting the WTF stares from cars :cool:

Who's going out tomorrow?????? sat. 75deg and sunny I'll be up on bogus in the late AM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bummer, I was looking for a ride Saturday since my buddy bailed out on me. I ended up going to Garden Valley by myself. I nodded and said hi to some Harley guys at the gas station up there and they just ignored me. So I didn't feel bad when one of them couldn't get his bike to start and had to struggle to push it up a little hill for a bump start.

I ride Bogus Basin fairly often during the week, since it only takes me a few minutes to get there via Hill road.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll probably be out there on thurs. Saturday was fun, I met a guy on a red 749s on the way up, and on the way down, I slowed just intime to find officer friendly coming up.

I waved, he waved, I though silently "good thing he wasn't here 10 seconds ago ;)

Lots of bycycles, but still that road can be fun at 40 :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to know, I thought it was safe up there. The only time I've seen a cop was when the road was blocked off last summer for a small fire. I'll look out for you if I'm up there on Thursday--I usually get there around 5:00 or so. What color is your bike?

·
Registered
92 Posts
No my 02SVS still has the stock pipe. I will be the only SVS rider in full gear though ;)

What year is your Monster?, They have one for sale up at Happy Trails on Chinden for $4500 or so, I looked but can't justify it right now.

I hope this crappy weather goes soon.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yah.. it's been in process for ... a month now... you know how it is when deadlines aren't met, but hey it's a friend airbrushing it so, he is doing me a huge favor. I can't complain one bit... I told him to go wild on my bike and suprise me when I see it for the first time Friday. *Kneeling & Praying*

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is only sand in a few corners, I usually ride within my sight limits and take it easy the first time trhough. Plus I don't go up to far, Just a bout 1/2 way. that way I know what's up. I usually turn around at the wide concrete strip near the bottom on the way down then go back up for a few miles then back down, repeat as needed ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dstrbd GSXR said:
Yah.. it's been in process for ... a month now... you know how it is when deadlines aren't met, but hey it's a friend airbrushing it so, he is doing me a huge favor. I can't complain one bit... I told him to go wild on my bike and suprise me when I see it for the first time Friday. *Kneeling & Praying*
At least you're not missing any prime weather. It sounds like you'll have a one-of-a-kind bike when it's finished.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.