Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it turns and wiggles you could just pull the fairings off and see what's going on.
Sounds like somethings been epoxied repaired together but not sure what.
That bolt should just slide out from the bottom now...unless someone sandwiched a locknut between the fairing and the stay in place of the rubber spacer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Even if you cut the bolt from below you'd have to remove the fairings to get the top half off right? There must be something sandwiched between the stay and the fairings to keep the stud from coming out.

I'd take the fairings off first to see what the previous owner did exactly.

Then I'd take a angle grinder with a cutoff wheel and attack that nut rather than the bolt I think...

·
Registered
636 Posts
It is weird JCW. The studs would have had to have gone in from the top as they were in the mirrors. I was wondering if there was a collar pressed into the stud that was originally meant to jam against the mirror and fix the stud from turning. I am suspecting that flange or collar just fits through the holes and may be catching under the faring. You may be right that the farings now have to get pulled or lifted out of the way to jiggle it into the right spot.
This is more likely!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts