Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys
Just stripped my GSXR 1000 quad for painting, but now want to do another build.

It will be the same idea, quad frame, running gear, with a motorcycle engine

This will be street legal and built for the road use, but after doing a few 1/4 miles on my old one, would like to continue with this aspect as I do love it

So what the best engine?

GSXR1000
Hayabusa
Or another make:devil

Was thinking about turbo, but not sure if my pockets are deep enough to fund that build.
So was looking into nitrous

I have read that the k1-3 are the stronger engines, so would I be better buying one, spending some money on internals(if so what?) and then going for a 100 shot (for the strip only)
Or buying a more expensive newer engine.

Hope this makes sense

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
No idea, but from what I’ve seen on the internet (so must be true), I see more Busa’s with nitrous or turbos than the 1k’s.

Good luck and keep us posted. Either way I’m sure it’ll be a total blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK guys I hear you,
Is any busa engine better than another,?
I have seen some that are "unrestricted" with 220mph clocks,
What mods do they require for NoS

Cheers

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
OK guys I hear you,
Is any busa engine better than another,?
I have seen some that are "unrestricted" with 220mph clocks,
What mods do they require for NoS

Cheers
Gen 2 (2008-current) are an overall better motor. No 2nd gear issue in the trans, and they just overall fixed issues that the Gen 1 had.

Gen 1 is better if you plan to bore and go crazy that way. Or if you wanna spray a big shot.

Gen 2 has higher compression ratio than Gen 1 I believe. You can also do WAY more thru ecu with a Gen 2.

Nitrous, typical weak points. Some say valves need changed, but def HD valve springs. And a good tune / tuner

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, thanks for the in depth reply, I would like a 100 shot of NoS, not sure of that's big or not......

If I can find a complete engine and running gear is there anything to look for / look out for

Many thanks Neil

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
A 40 shot on stock internals is pushing the limits, so if you're going to do a 100 shot both will have to be upgraded

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
No idea, but from what I’ve seen on the internet (so must be true), I see more Busa’s with nitrous or turbos than the 1k’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn't that so they'll keep up with the Liter Bikes? :devil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts