Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a used 14 gsxr600 with 6k miles on it. It has a few mods already including a sprocket set. I can tell cuz the speedo is all jacked up. How can I tell what sprockets are installed on the bike so I know what to put into the speedo healer & know if I wanna change it

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. You can look at the rear sprocket- often it's stamped on it. Or count the teeth. You'll have to take the countersprocket cover off and count the teeth. How do you know it's off? All bike some with it slightly off anyways, reading a bit higher than you're actually going.

How about an intro thread, and some pictures of this bike.

Also, with 8 yrs and only 6K miles? - often neglected/not ridden, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it says 435 45 on the rear it’s by vortex and it’s red. I’ll do a intro thread here in a second! I know it was off because gsxr 600 won’t do 186 lol. I have no clue if it was neglected either any advice would help

·
Super Moderator
9,068 Posts
There's no reason to think the bike is hurt but you should change all the fluids and check the date code on the tires.
I'm betting the tires are original and you should not trust them.

·
Administrator
11,485 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to set the SpeedoHealer is to download a GPS speed app on your phone, ride the bike, then adjust the settings till the speedometer reads correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts