Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched a while and have found nothing like this. I ride a '04 GSXR 1000: TRE, PCIIIUSB, KandN filter, Akropovic slip on, and the "Pair Mod". All other add-ons are cosmetic and thereby irrelevant except the dealer mode switch and the color changing paint (less wind resistance :lol:). Now the issue: on my way to work in 94-98 degree weather my bike dies and displays C32 thru C35 the whole injector fault thing ONLY after I hit a bump. On my way home at night it is cooler and I have no issue. I am led to think it is a dying fuel pump, but the only faulting after a bump leads to loose connection. I flip the kill switch off and on, the bike starts, and I keep going, another large bump, and repeat cycle. Does anyone have any constructive suggestions, other than buy a new bike? I like this year.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm not 100% positive how a PCIII connects up to the 04 1000, but on most of the newer models (after the K2 ish era of the GSX-R's) the PCIII connects inline with the injector connectors. It's very easy to not get those snapped in good and tight. If this is indeed how the PCIII hooks up to your bike, I would

1. check and make sure the PCIII connectors have a good connection to the injectors and the bike's connectors have a good connection with the PCIII connectors.

2. If option one doesn't fix it, disconnect the PCIII completely to see if perhaps the PCIII is going bad. You might also be able to USB up to your PCIII and see if it has any device errors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah sounds like a loose connection, would prop open the tank and check all the connections then look underneath the seat and look at those. Maybe the ground wire to your PC is loose. Check all connections, doesn't sound like a fuel pump.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check the connections, but I still feel I must reiterate a small piece that you may be overlooking:: I don't have the issue at night - yet. It only has happened during the heat of the day. That is the part that has me :headscrat

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think it's just coincidental that it's only happening during the day. Maybe I'm wrong...but I really can't think of anything on the bike that would make a difference between sun and no sun unless it had something to do with the cooling system.

Hell, you're in Muldrow... bring it up to OKC this weekend if ya want and I'll give ya a hand

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's just coincidental that it's only happening during the day. Maybe I'm wrong...but I really can't think of anything on the bike that would make a difference between sun and no sun unless it had something to do with the cooling system.

Hell, you're in Muldrow... bring it up to OKC this weekend if ya want and I'll give ya a hand
Hey, thanks! I have to work all weekend, any way I can contact you on a day off? I will have next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. BTW, a guy at work mentioned the possibility of a clogged line, I can't remember the correct term, but they are the 2 hoses that come off the tank next to the fuel pump. The thought is that maybe the heat and sun are causing vapor lock of a sorts, whattaya think on that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's been known to happen. There are two vent hoses on the bottom of the tank that lead to the under side of the bike. If they get kinked and your tank doesn't get the proper ventilation, your injectors won't get enough fuel causing a lean condition and the bike will bog down at higher RPMs. Typically that doesn't throw codes though, but it is a possibility.

I work nights 4pm to 12am, so if you've got a day off during the week sometime and want to come up before around 2pm then I could probably take a look at it...but it would be easier on the weekend in case it's not a quick find

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I have unhooked the PCIII. There have been no issues, but the temperature has been around 8 degrees cooler since. I am going to ride it in this neutered manner a while longer and see what happens. If all goes well, I will reconnect the power commander and see if my bike brain farts again.:thumbup::infrandom

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well, I have unhooked the PCIII. There have been no issues, but the temperature has been around 8 degrees cooler since. I am going to ride it in this neutered manner a while longer and see what happens. If all goes well, I will reconnect the power commander and see if my bike brain farts again.:thumbup::infrandom
I had the same problem with mine. Although it would only do it under wide open throttle over a bump. Without the pc3 it didnt do it. I never did figure it out and it fixed after i did the motor swap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The mechanic I used to work for had a gremlin in an 04 GSX-R 1000 that he was hunting down for about a year. Ended up being, when the guy who owned the bike installed the PCIII he didn't zip tie it or velcro it down or anything so it was just bangin around in the tail section. It damaged some internals in the PCIII and was causing some fookered up problems like this.

Not saying that's what your problem is, could be just the connectors didn't have a good continuity between them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's been known to happen. There are two vent hoses on the bottom of the tank that lead to the under side of the bike. If they get kinked and your tank doesn't get the proper ventilation, your injectors won't get enough fuel causing a lean condition and the bike will bog down at higher RPMs. Typically that doesn't throw codes though, but it is a possibility.
vapor lock :)

a possible reason its happening in hot weather vs cooler weather is that higher temps in conductive material, such as wire, produce more resistance - the resistance margin is minimal @ best per degree, but it could be just enough to break continuity and kill the bike. the colder the conductive material, the less resistance - the warmer the conductive material, the more resistance.

kind words of advice.....

take those shitty little wire clips out and do it correctly with a soldering iron and heat shrink tube, or butt-splice connecters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.