Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Long time reader, first time writer. Ok I've searched my butt off to no avail. I'm trying to change the front pads on my 04 gsxr 1000 and all I have to go off of is the 03 shop manual. I know the 03 and the 04 are basically the same but as it turns out the only difference is, you guessed it, the front brakes. The only manual I can find to download on here is the 03. So to make a long story short, " My kingdom to the man who finds me the 04 shop manual" Or perhaps someone could walk me through the pad change. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Remove bolts securing calipers to fork legs, leaving old pads in use a pretty good sized screw driver push the old pads apart. Try not to slip and stab yourself in the hand. Once this is done remove the 2 4mm allen bolts securing pads to the caliper. Install new pads in the caliper, reinstall allen bolts, reinstall caliper over the rotor, insuring that there is a pad on either side of the rotor. Put the caliper bolts back in. Repeat on the other side. Squeeze the brake lever several times to make sure pads are engaging the rotor before you ride.

·
Registered
38 Posts
03 and 04 should have the same brakes unless some one change them?????
The 03 GSX-R1000 has radial calipers like the 04, but the 03 has 4 pads per caliper instead of the normal 2.

Rumor has it that the braking was just too great so Suzuki changed to 2 pad calipers.

Of course ZX10R's had 4 pad tokico radial calipers and everyone says they suck...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.