Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tail light is working, but my brake light isnt when i use either the front OR back brakes...any idea what this could be?...

I know i replaced my read brake peg not to long ago..and i cant remember if it was working before i did or not since i just realized it after i was testin the new peg.

So i was wondering if there was something in that, that isnt attached right that could be stopping it..but if so would that even stop it from workin when i use the front brake?

And the wire's goin back into the light itself are all attached good, I gotta get my MVI done soon so that its done once i get my license so they can fix it once i do but i'd rather figure some stuff like this out on my own so i dont have to rely on shops for little things.

Thanks

(ps...98 gsxr 750)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
did you check the bulbs?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na i havent, I figured that since the tail light is on that the bulbs must be fine.
Even though the taillights work, could they still need replaced for the brake lights to go on?

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
no they have 2 different fillaments in each bulb one for the running and one for brake. check the bulbs first.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i never even thought of it havin 2 fillaments for some reason...but i just checked them and they both are fine so that rules them out.
So it must be something else then.

When i hooked the foot/brake peg back up to my bike there was 1 thing i couldnt figure out..that was the little spring that goes down to the brake lever itself (not the one thats in the back that u cant see)...i couldnt remember how it was before i took it off...i have it back on there but would that have anything to do with it?...or is that spring for something completely different?

Figured i'd try ruling that out too to narrow down the problems

EDIT:...well that spring WAS the problem..and i got it all fixed now (kinda of...i know whats wrong..got it apart..just havin a bitch of a time gettin the spring back into the hole the right way

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Yeah check that spring part out and goto ron ayers to figure or see how it goes then make sure you connected the switch that goes on top of the brake is connected correctly (prong terminal)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finally got it fixed
was that spring...but i had to rebend it because it was to short for some reason and the only way it would go into the hole..was if it was bein pulled like the brake was on.

But its fixed now after like a hr of bitchin at it to fit right...and just hope it stays that way now.

Thanks for all the input from everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.