Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a better than stock rotor,my knowledge in this area is limited. Can someone give me info on what i need to look for ,make size model? Anything would be helpful,as i'm not sure what to look for.Its a 1992 gsxr 1100. I do not want stock rotors. thanks Rob

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rotors

Alright thanks I went with the ebc pads today.I will look at both those models.In your opinion how much better are the two you just listed over stock?on a scale of 1-10 one being wosrt?I ask because I bought my bike last year in the spring and 8 days after I had it I was in a corner and coming to a stop sign and when I started to break there was none!What happened was the right rortor was warped and opened the calipier so when I went to use them they werent there lol.First bad fall but I was ok I HAD ALL MY RIDING GEAR ON!Now I have spent alot of money fixing it to lok good again and Im a little scared of using those kind of rototrs they seem a little cheap compared to the better ones I been been looking at.Opinion please.

Thanks Moose.Gsxr1100 newbie.
But what an awsome bike full hindle race pipe,dyna coils,mikuni flat slides with aceleration pump.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Braking was not a strong point in motorcycle technology back then....... but Todays rotors are AWESOME. you should be more than happy with a set of EBCs or the like if they make them for that bike, and while you are at it add stainless lines and good pads.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rotors

Hey I need confidece in my brakes after theat happened.It palys a nasy game in the back of your head haveing that hapen to you you just cant belive that thewre is no brakes when you reach for a handful of brake.Its like this is not happing lol.But anyway I was to know and forget about it that why I want to put a set of rotors on that I know where made for a sport race nike and not a shadow 500 lol.I have braided lines and brand new ebc pads.I just checked on the Galfer Wave Rotors and I dont think they make them for my bike.And I slso noticed that the ebc's are not wave they look pretty much like the stock ones I have now but im sure there better.I like the look of the waves is there another reputable company that makes wave rotors?If they are not as good as the two alreadt talked about then I dont want them.Thanks for the help this forum is the cats .....

·
Banned
567 Posts
My Busa I have ordered will come with stainless steel brake lines, EBC HH Pads, brembo calipers ect... and either going witht he wave rotors or EBC Rotors. Either way I cannot go wrong. It is about good RELIABLE brakes. And will to pay for them.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Everyone I know that has tried Galfer Wave rotors sold them with in a couple of months. The main reason was noise. If you want true braking power and not the feel of stock rotors you need to get some Ferrado rotors. A little pricey in $700-$800 range but wow. I've had stock (which are good actually) and EBC Pro-Lite which were nice but not that noticeable of a difference. Also...Boooooooooo on the EBC HH pads. Anyone who says they "love" them or even like them has never tried Performance Friction 95 or 99 compound, Vesrah RJL's or SRJL's ($140 for just the front), SBS pads, or Carbone Lorraine pads. I've had them all, except Vesrah SRJL's, and the feel blows away anything EBC has. EBC has no feel and isn't very progressive. Actually when it comes to rotors, most club racers will just use stock rotors because they are actually good. If you are a street rider or ride twisties after market rotors will be a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rotors

Wow now I have got some very useful info here to help me make my mind up thanks for the help guys.I feel like wasting some money some Im goin to check out these Ferrado rotors.Probably wont make them for my bike.

·
Banned
567 Posts
Read up on it not only here but on their website and others, who have them and how they feel about them. Then decide what you want, and if it is costly so be it pay it. Better to have the best be it top dollar or the best is a few cents more than junk. Breaking is alot now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.