Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long night of boozing, i awoke at a friend's house at 6am before the sun even came up..it was getting light out but was very overcast and gray.
I went out, warmed up the bike while pounding an arrowhead bottle to clear up the foul mess that resided in my mouth from last night.
I say peace to my friend and head home....I merge onto the 71fwy heading towards the I-10 (which I have to exit and ride about 1 mile on surface streets to tranfer to the 10)
As i enter the freeway doing about 75-80mph, i see 2 cars coming up fast...it turns out to be a BRAND NEW Porsche 911 twin turbo (doesnt even have plates yet), and his friend in a new ferrarri marinello (sp?)
I think nothing of it as they fly by, but soon after we come up on light traffic and they're forced to slow down. At this point, i'm like fuck it lets have a little fun.
I swwoped around the ferrarri and was now inbetween them both. The 911 waited for an opening and downshifted HARD! that car sounds so damn sick its not even funny. I could hear the turbos spool and saw the rear-end dip and launch. (this is at 80mph!)
He jumped about 2 cars instantly and i dropped to 5th (probably should've went to 4th but whatever)...he couldn't open the gap any further but i couldn't gain any ground.
It stayed like this till 130mph and i let off (just not worth it)..Now i'm pissed at myself and feel owned. i wanted to go home, sell the bike and walk for the rest of my life hahaha
Fast Forward about 2 miles later. I'm exiting the 71 to go to the I-10. Who is at the off-ramp light? none other than Mr. Porsche himself.
As I pull up he looks over and laughs as i give him the thumbs up (i admit defeat, even tho i hung with him on the 600)....as the light turns green he hauls ass AGAIN. i didn't even bother until we approach the next light as it turns red.
Payback time asshole! I tell him to roll his window down, and in typical F&F style i ask him "how much did that POS cost you?"
He chuckled and said "alot more than that slow thing"....so i offered him a challenge from the light...he rolls up the window and proceeds to do a mean ass burnout warming up the tires and revving his beastly engine.
I sit concentrating on the light and see that its about to turn green...i launched as he spun the tires..by the time he had traction i was hitting 9K and my powerband..i jumped out about 5-6 cars immediately
hit 16K, shift and by the end of 2nd i was at 102mph and he was damn near 15 cars back (guestimate)..i let off and turned around to wave him up (as in saying c'mon man i'm waiting on you)
We hit another red and he rolls down the window again to say "wow i didn't expect that"
i apologized for the slaughter and we got on the I-10 where he again took off like a bat out of hell and i, like the champ i was....merged onto the freeway and cruised at a steady 70mph, my head high from victory!
hahahahaha it was great!

BTW, the ferrari wanted NOTHING to do with it...he cruised the whole way, and while following his buddy onto the 10, flew by with a thumbs up to seal the deal.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
most cars have a advantage once you get into the 140 - 170 range. Sounds like you did not downshift enough because you should have still had that porshe by a long shot. I am still laughing at how you had thought about selling the 600 :funny:

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
moto182003 said:
aww how cute, i'm suprised you two didn't go home together with the way you talked about his car :lol:
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr Good shit,

On a second note, I've never had anybody that I came across that could even keep up with my bike, usually never come across anybody that'll even race. But I never let off unless I'm scared, which is hard to do. haha

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no shit ski hahaha
i'm sure it would've been different on the highway had i owned a 1K, but at 130+ the 600 and the porsche are gonna accelerate at the same rate so it wasnt worth it :thumbup:

·
Registered
544 Posts
I beat a bike in my old RX-7 on the highway a while back well i wouldn't say beat but i took off first at around 70 and once i had a car length he hit it and we stayed that way till right at around 120 or 130 i assumed it was a 600 he pulled up beside me gave me a thumbs up and took off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I beat a porsche once................no wait.......that's right, I beat my brother in the head with a toy porsche.......yeah, that's it. :funny:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I casually passed an old man in a corvette one day, i was cruising about 70. i know more than get buy him and i hear the vette open up. The old guy started to go buy quick so i grabbed third and just about blew his old man golf hat off. As luck would have it a cop was getting on as i went by at 135ish. mile or 2 down the road, comin into a section of the city i get hung up at a light and that slow ass impala found me. he had no clue how fast i was going, i swore up and down it was only 80mph and that the old guy in the vette was harrassing me and slowed down right with me everytime i tried to put some space between my bike and his car so i felt i had no choice but to remove myself from the situation. I dont think he bought it but somehow i rode away without a ticket and nothing more than a stain in my short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts