Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 2nd opinion. I just replaced my front break pads, lines and fluid. As I approach a stop & decrease the pressure on the breaks, the bike surges. My thought is that the rotors are warped, however, floating rotors should counteract that. Anyone experienced this? :headscrat

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah man, for sure-warped..but it might be just one. you can kind of build your own run-out guage though if you have a front stand vice grip a scribe/pencil/ whatever so it's just a hair way from the rotor and spin the wheel. probably just one is warped/bent. if you find out which one it is i have a good one as well if you only need one, i'll sell for pretty cheap. if you want to go that route let me know. pm me or whatever. eitherway, that's what i did, just couldn't find a single for a better price than it was to get a pair so...made a world of difference though!! good luck.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I really appreciate the on target feedback!
I'll throw the bike on the stand this weekend and check out the rotors.
I have a K2 750, so I'm not sure if the next model in 04 kept the same rotors (I'll check & let you know).

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah, i had to do some checking but i think that 01-05 6's and 75's are the same...i might be wrong though, that might just be the wheel. i think they might have had a different brake set-up on the 01-03 not sure, i have an 04 600 too. either way. good luck man.

oh yeah, it's funny that you brought up the "on target" part. i just got done givin it to a couple kids arguing about hp at the wheel after re-gearing when the original poster's problem was that the new chain/sprocket set-up didn't align correctly!! who cares about the hp...the kids 520 mod kit was screwed up?! lol...anyway, just thought i'd throw it in there...hopefully that won't take this off track now!!:hmmm:

·
Registered
343 Posts
i had the same sort of prob, turned out the pivit point on the break leaver was sticking and slightly jolting when i squeased the breaks, i sprayed some wd40 in there to lube it and clean it out, and it was all good after that. try it...you might save yourself some $$$$...its worth a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.