Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ight well i have dumb ass friends and one of them dropped my bike
and the only damage that is really an isue is the Clutch lever is broken off
I have a new one and lookin for some advice on if i should replace it my self of have the local shop do it. Its a 2005 Gsxr, she is just to beautiful to have a broke clutch lever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same thing happened to my clutch lever. Wife went to take her out for her first ride(she took the MSF course) and for some reason got spooked lost balance and slowly rolled it over. She wasnt even moving :eek:

Im thinking of grinding it smooth and round and then doing the same to the other side. Ive been riding with it broken for a few months and kinda like the shorty thing.

I dont think it can be that hard to change em. Ever change a lever on a bicycle? Looks like the same idea to me. Let me know how it goes.

BTW are you staying stock and where did you get it and for how much. I looked at ebay and dont trust the quality of them.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
its a very simple change, should only need a 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
levers are easy, just look at it and figure it out. Take out the bolt going through and the lever will slide out, then just disconnect the cable. Put the cable in the new one and put the lever back in and throw that bolts back in and go clutch up some wheelis

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont know what it is about that little ball on the end of the lever, it touches the pavement and takes off like a rocket! I have seen it twice. I paid like $14 for a brand new one from suzuki, took 3 minutes to install.

·
Anti-squid moderator
6,477 Posts
Save yourself the headache of broken levers and get some CRG roll-a-click shorties or Pazzo Racing levers. Oh wait maybe if I stopped crashing at the track I wouldn't have needed them either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.