Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

Broken Rear Caliper Bracket...

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SchneidyPK6 
#1 ·
I was checking my brakes the other day and noticed the rear caliper bracket is broken. It's cracked all the way through. The caliper has some play to it up and down, a little loose. How could the bracket break. I'm thinking it has been like this since I bought the bike. I would think it would need a large impact to break the bracket and I have never had one. I'll be pissed if I bought a wrecked bike, and that I have been riding it around for 2 years. Wish I would have known more about bikes when I bought it, I would have noticed this. Thanks for any help.

#4 ·
+1 what he said^^, if it has indeed been broke for two yrs and you think the bike may have been wrecked. It has held up pretty good for this to be the only issue thus far. Just replace it and look for any other signs of a crash. i.e cracks in the frame , bent rim and or sub frame. Ect…

#6 ·
I do remember last year when I went to move my bike after sitting all winter, the brakes were stuck, the bike would not move. I got on it and backed it up and heard a pop and it rolled free. Do you think it could have been from that? I haven't done any endos, previous owner, unknown. Getting it replaced tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.