Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im bike has about 3700 miles on the stock bt014 tire and im going to need to get a new tire soon. and i want to stay with bridgestone tires because i think they are ok tires. now my question is out of the bt016 and the bt021 which one is better, i like to take my bike out and ride it hard once in awhile so i just wanted to know which was the better of the two. thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I currently have a BT-021 on the back of my bike. I took it out for a "spirirted" ride the other day and had absolutely no trouble from it, even with the occassional knee-down shenanigans. I also have over 9,000 miles on that tire and while it doesn't look brand new anymore, it still has tons of life left. I expect to get about 20,000 out of it.

The BT-016 is another great tire, slightly more sporty, but with a slightly harder center for mileage as well. It won't last as long as the BT-021, but it will have more grip all over.

·
Registered
112 Posts
basicly its just a personal preferece. and almost comes down to picking the tread pattern you like. i have run the bt 16s they are very good tires. no complaint at all from me. but i am a pilot power guy i have run every hypersport on the market now and go back every time to the pilot power. my best friend likes the road 2ct cause he can get about 8000miles out of a rear instead of 5000 and the road 2cts are very sticky for being road tires. but i bought a super bike for a reason. i wont put road tires on it even if they are awsome road tires. its really a principle thing i guess. go with the 16s if you can afford them. but hey how much are plastics and new skin. just a thought. I run the stickiest thing i can afford as a rule

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I currently have a BT-021 on the back of my bike. I took it out for a "spirirted" ride the other day and had absolutely no trouble from it, even with the occassional knee-down shenanigans. I also have over 9,000 miles on that tire and while it doesn't look brand new anymore, it still has tons of life left. I expect to get about 20,000 out of it.

The BT-016 is another great tire, slightly more sporty, but with a slightly harder center for mileage as well. It won't last as long as the BT-021, but it will have more grip all over.
Chango is dead on... I am running the 016 right now. but like Chango said they both are supper tires But the 021's will get a lil better milage out of them.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cause one of my friends told me about a good website to get tires from. its www.tiresunlimited.com and the bt016's are $149.42 and the bt021's are $139.47 and i'm stuck on which of the two to get. but either way they both have to be better then the stock 14's thats on it now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just went from the 14's to 16's last year. I am very pleased with the 16's. I haven't tried the 21's but I haven't heard anything negative. I think the 16's are just a little sportier than the 21's. Although the 21's will probably last longer. But like someone said. Its just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it kinda looks like the bt021 would be better if you rain into rain, because of the thread pattern that has. or would they both be good in rain?

·
Registered
376 Posts
i usally only get about 4500 km out of an 016, but did plenty of high speed dry,wet, it doesn't matter the 016 works good, me personnally I'll take the extra grip over tire life anytime.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
it kinda looks like the bt021 would be better if you rain into rain, because of the thread pattern that has. or would they both be good in rain?
I ride evey day and the last two weeks have been rain rain o and some more rain!!! (I live in north FL) My 016's have been awesome in the rain!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ride evey day and the last two weeks have been rain rain o and some more rain!!! (I live in north FL) My 016's have been awesome in the rain!
ok one last thing, between the two tires over all which one is a better tire? and which of the two will take the corners better? and what kind of miles can i get out of the two, "IF" i dont do any burnouts?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
im bike has about 3700 miles on the stock bt014 tire and im going to need to get a new tire soon. and i want to stay with bridgestone tires because i think they are ok tires. now my question is out of the bt016 and the bt021 which one is better, i like to take my bike out and ride it hard once in awhile so i just wanted to know which was the better of the two. thanks for the help.
ONLY 3,700 miles? :shifty

I had both, the 014's on the k7 and 016's on k8. I do have to agree that the 016's are a better tire. Haven't tried the 021's though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ok one last thing, between the two tires over all which one is a better tire? and which of the two will take the corners better? and what kind of miles can i get out of the two, "IF" i dont do any burnouts?
I got 5,000 plus miles and one track day out of my 016's. They were the OEM ones, they came stock on my K8 750.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ONLY 3,700 miles? :shifty

I had both, the 014's on the k7 and 016's on k8. I do have to agree that the 016's are a better tire. Haven't tried the 021's though.
yea my tire is really flat in the middle and almost bald as well. i maybe at the most have a few hundred miles let on it, so its time for me to get a new tire.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
It depends on your priorities at the moment. Do you want a good-handling tire that will get great mileage or a great-handling tire that will get good mileage? They are both fabulous.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It depends on your priorities at the moment. Do you want a good-handling tire that will get great mileage or a great-handling tire that will get good mileage? They are both fabulous.
i want a good handling tire that will get great mileage. so how much better is the bt021 then the stock one that i have now the good old bt014?:headscrat

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I liked the BT-014 when I had them on my K6, but I have never had them on the R6 I have now, so I don't have a direct comparison. In terms of mileage I am expecting to get about 20,000 miles out of my BT-021, where I got about 5,000 out of the BT-014. I commute about 70 miles per day on the interstate these days, so I can get higher mileage than other folks can get.

In terms of grip, I would say that the 021 has slightly less than the 014 during extremely spirited riding. I used the 014s for a Novice trackday and they would probably work okay for an Intermediate trackday, but I don't know if I would use the 021 for an Intermediate trackday. For spirited road riding though, the 021 will hold up just fine.

While I don't know this for certain, I sort of suspect that the 021 uses the same compound for the sides as the 014 or 015, which is why it has such good traction. If it's not the same, it is similar. The only differences are the harder center for longer mileage and a slightly stiffer carcass, which also helps to increase longevity.

Overall I rate the 021 as close enough to the 014 in terms of grip, but beating the 014 into the ground and then spitting on it in terms of mileage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.