Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are all of you using to clean your bikes? i gave mine a bath today, but the water didn't come off very well...i air dried it a little, but there were still a bunch of water spots. help please?

also, car washes are a bad idea right? at the dealer they told me not to use any pressure on it at all. true or not?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do not want to use any high-pressure devices, this is true.
that is what i figured...a guy that i work with said that he washes his all the time at the car wash though, and it didn't bother it, so i was just going to see what all of you thought.

i don't mind spending the time hand washing it at all...i actually prefer to hand wash my truck and car as well, but i'm not sure what is the best thing to use to that it doesn't water spot...i'm kind of chamois-tarded or i would just wipe the water off with one.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i sprayed my old one off with a powerwasher last year but i watched where i sprayed and i used this soap last year that didnt leave water spots and i dryed it with a towel and waxed it pretty much every time i washed it so no water spots for me lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i sprayed my old one off with a powerwasher last year but i watched where i sprayed and i used this soap last year that didnt leave water spots and i dryed it with a towel and waxed it pretty much every time i washed it so no water spots for me lol
yeah, maybe it's time to just bite the bullet and wax her already. i use the mothers wax on my truck and car, it will be ok to use on the bike too? i'm just worried about messing up plastics.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use Blue Corral car wash and wax in-one. An artificial chamois to dry with and/or a leaf blower. No pressure wash for your bike as it forces water into areas you don't want water and can damage the paint.

·
Registered
582 Posts
for me there is only 1 thing I would ever use to wash anything with paint that I wanted to keep looking good and thats Meguiars Gold Class wash and I follow it up with Meguiars Gold Class wax as well. And as for the water spots... after you wash and wax your vehicle with this combo you almost dont have to dry your vehicle at all and it only gets better with each time you use this combo.. Try and it and never go back to your old way of keeping your rides clean!

·
Registered
397 Posts
ya i just picked with the 08 gsxr 600. its the gloss black with the matte black i heard was will mess the matte finish up so i gotta figure out what im gonna do about that. does anyone have this color bike that can tell me first hand?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a lot everyone, i will keep everything you all have said in mind. this time what i did was washed it with some turtle wax ice car wash, dried it, and i just now got finished waxing it with mothers california gold carnauba cleaner wax, and it is looking amazing!!! tomorrow is going to be around 86, and i don't think i can wake up early enough to start ridding :bounce

next time i will skip the drying step, it was pointless for me to dry it, i just didn't feel like waxing, but after spending a little time doing it, and seeing the finished product, i will never wash it with out a wax shortly after!!! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts