Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m not sure if I can mention names I’m sure you get the idea of where I’m talking about.I’m not looking for trouble I’m looking too network and learn with others about my bike, tbh there’s no Philadelphia chat i wouldn’t mind meeting and riding with people local to me.im in the other forum I simply corrected someone and stated some facts I guess that person was a big shot in that forrum with power to kick me out simply bc he did not beleive my facts and was unwilling or too lazy too look it up .... my next post I was banned. I’m not mad just frustrated I was bullied! I could create a new screen name and rejoin but I don’t want to be part of any thing that abuses power or bullies anyone for any reason.

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
There is a significant cultural difference between the two sites. The "battered woman syndrome" best describes participants of that site that keep going back despite the abuse.

There are a few from that site that lurk here and are easy to spot with their generally snarky, unhelpful comments. I found it best to ignore the noise and carry on with the good people here.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The thread was deleted and it looked like spike banned you since your activity looks like you were locked in a conversation (or argument) with them. So what was the argument?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
I starting quoting the accual law witch is written in the constitution that our ancestors shed blood and died for inspection registration even a dl is all bullshit unless u plan on generating revenue on the highways if u are using a vehicle for any personal reason you are not accually driving it’s called traveling until u start using the vehicle for commercial use. It’s all a fact I’m not making it up you can look it up for your self witch I suggested more than once to spike, apparently spike is a retired cop and did not like are rites given to us by the constitution and banned me.
I started quoting the accual law

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
@PaulPhilly may I suggest you just let it drop.

Personally, it does not matter to me what happens/happened there and your venting here solves nothing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I apologize rv6john if I offended you, venting here did kill some of my frustration , I only explained bc I was asked wat happened and I’ll let it go in here. I do have strong feelings and feel it’s a duty of mine as the USA changes to teach the way it was intended to be when it began so history does not repeat it self so America will not fall ! Maybe this is the wrong place for it and I let my emotions get in the way....

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
No offense taken. It is just that you are not the first. Complaining here is just off putting to me, but I'm sure that was not your intention.

I've taken to heart something I heard decades ago: "There are too many nice people in the world to waste time with assholes".

Post something about your bike or good rides!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Most of us here have found this place after an unpleasant experience over there. I am a member there, but choose to be here, as I don't find the other to be of any help to anyone... We are far more forgiving to typo's and all around mechanical ignorance here. We all started somewhere, and would never have learned anything, about anything if there wasn't someone with a little patience to teach us what they know...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
Well, they don't tolerate any cop bashing over there. So, I can kind of piece together what happened since stuff like that happens all the time. And yes, people who want the privilege of using a motor vehicle as their means of travel must abide by the laws. I'm a constitutionalist, so I don't disagree with you. You are free to travel... start walking, but can't walk along an interstate. Our laws are often counter to the common sense of freedom, but without some level of "rules" we'd be in anarchy.

Now, I'm sure you were warned and then just carried on. So you didn't get banned for your opinion, you got banned because you wouldn't drop it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had no idea till half way threw I was talking to a cop there Wes no bashing only facts were thrown out there! You can look it up traveling definition is accually more than moving your feet..,, I’m not going to get into it , you can look it up if u want to learn something new , more importantly this is the main issue people should already know it! They don’t bc it’s forgotten and that’s how u get walked on!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Argue all you want. Until you change the law, you're wrong. I could write volumes on all the laws that are anti-freedom, but if I get arrested for one, you think the judge is going to let me go because I say so?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good lord, another one of these threads. Drop it or you're going to find that your 5-day ban will turn permanent.

·
Registered
337 Posts
A couple of old men who can’t get it up so they get off on banning people that express a different opinion and a bitch on the rag all the time?

Who cares...

Argue with them, get banned and walk away. We’ll be here waiting.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Just knowing that this site is a "no attitude" place makes it easier to step away if something comes off wrong. Pop in later everything is fine. Usually if you hear something smartassed here IT IS a joke. :wink

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also had a bad experience on that "other site". And you know what?

Who cares about them?
Let them run the site how they want and then force the better quality people to come here after dealing with the antics there!

A forum's quality has a lot to do with who runs the forum, rather who moderates said forum. Unfortunately, the mods there can make opinions of you, but if you disagree they ban you or belittle you (often both), with members joining in. I am quite sure a lot of people here can attest to the treatment there, and that explains why they left and came here. Some members here are active on both forums.

Thankfully, you have a choice in the matter and you have a quality forum here. Much more worth your while! :grin

Don't sweat it, enjoy this forum and your GSXR!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts