Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
26,089 Posts
My my, it has been a while since one of these threads. Yes, the culture is different over there. Yes it is moderated differently. Yes, I am a lifetime member of both. Yes, most prefer it here. Sorry about your experience, many here have done the same.

In the olden days the scrap between the sites saw raids where someone would be getting hassled on one site and members would log on from the other site and support them becoming an internet brawl. That practice was quickly squashed by the mods here. Subsequently, threads on the topic of GDC typically get closed because they really don't add value here.

You guys are harshing my buzz, time to let it go. I am officially thread jacking this shizit. As was requested earlier lets see some pics, it is the end of summer for most of us, throw up pics of your favorite ride so far this year.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
My my, it has been a while since one of these threads. Yes, the culture is different over there. Yes it is moderated differently. Yes, I am a lifetime member of both. Yes, most prefer it here. Sorry about your experience, many here have done the same.

In the olden days the scrap between the sites saw raids where someone would be getting hassled on one site and members would log on from the other site and support them becoming an internet brawl. That practice was quickly squashed by the mods here. Subsequently, threads on the topic of GDC typically get closed because they really don't add value here.

You guys are harshing my buzz, time to let it go. I am officially thread jacking this shizit. As was requested earlier lets see some pics, it is the end of summer for most of us, throw up pics of your favorite ride so far this year.
And another F’n thing.
I can no longer post pictures.
I’m old and I don’t want to hear about the 14 F’n steps to post one.
Get off my lawn!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,999 Posts
Meanwhile, the weather is perfect in the mountains of western North Carolina.

DR lake 1.jpg

DR lake 2.jpg

Reactions: Spyder13

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
That’s a beautiful scene John! The weather was perfect here also, Thursday’s I usually start work early 6am on the Job. I woke up for no reason 330 am this morning . I did not take the bike out after work I was beat but I’m kicking my self in the ass rite now for staying in on such a nice day. I am tempted to go out now , I can’t tell you the last time I went out for a ride 9pm with out already being out earlier in the day. lol I guess I’m getting old.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
The thread did get out of contexts, 01 monster basically a frankenstein bike made of many diffrent years and sizes in New York . Cool bike! Someone made a comment how did u get that bike inspected that way, I returned joking with a lol “people accually get there bike inspected” I was never a fan of inspection personally but it was made in humor. So the next comment went something like “ because it’s the law, face smack” I did not like the face smack.
I starting quoting the accual law witch is written in the constitution that our ancestors shed blood and died for inspection registration even a dl is all bullshit unless u plan on generating revenue on the highways if u are using a vehicle for any personal reason you are not accually driving it’s called traveling until u start using the vehicle for commercial use. It’s all a fact I’m not making it up you can look it up for your self witch I suggested more than once to spike, apparently spike is a retired cop and did not like are rites given to us by the constitution and banned me.
I started quoting the accual law
NOT trying to argue with you at all, but,

When I lived in TX, even the motorcycles had to pass a basic inspection. Tires, lights, etc. And you had to have the sticker somewhere displayed too.
Hey Texans, is it still that way, motorcycle inspections every year?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

·
SuperMod of the North
26,089 Posts
Yes and no. Spammers bringing up old threads so they can make "relevant" quotes so they fly under the radar a couple times. They then go back and edit the thread inserting spam links a day later. I cleaned on out of here earlier. This dude was smart enough to copy an old post and repost it so it looked like he was actually a bike guy...unfortunately for him he copied MY post. SMH.

Also, they quoted a long time member and inserted their spam link in the quote so maybe I would ban the member and not them...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Quoted one of your posts, and entered a part of one of my comments, LOL.

Also, there is a Russian guy (I think) posting some really weird incoherent crap on some really old threads in the last few days.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I made this thread a year or more ago on a day I was pissed off! I hate spammers im sorry if this thread is causing anyone a headache. I’m glad we got people here that can weed out the bad seeds. If I can help please lmk how.

·
SuperMod of the North
26,089 Posts
Quoted one of your posts, and entered a part of one of my comments, LOL.

Also, there is a Russian guy (I think) posting some really weird incoherent crap on some really old threads in the last few days.
Yeah I finally caught up with him, I knew he was a spammer but couldn't find the spam. The spammers are really bad at the moment, I have been turning a dozen or so away at the door every day. Russia, Turkey, India, Pakistan, Germany...

I made this thread a year or more ago on a day I was pissed off! I hate spammers im sorry if this thread is causing anyone a headache. I’m glad we got people here that can weed out the bad seeds. If I can help please lmk how.
Not your fault at all. Give one of the mods a heads up if something doesn't seem right. You can PM us or simply report the post. Cool fact,..if you PM one of us we will check it out next time we are in. If you report a post we all get a notification off site and can respond faster.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts