Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok exactly as the title states....im buyin a bike this spring and i plan on it to be the gixxer 600. i live in canada so a 600 costs $10,500....the thing im wondering is what do you think i can get the bike for if i pay cash (i got $7,500 saved right now) i really want a deal for i will only be 18 when i get the bike...anyone have some #s that a dealer will find reasonable???

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
most dealers aren't going to give a discount for paying cash for anything beause they make money off of the financing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would completly suck....ive been saving all my money for labout 6 months and would sure love to save a good 1-2k for paying right there and then or at least get all the gear i need....still would like to hear from anyone that saved cash on thier bike or know of it happening?!?!? :D

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I saved money, but that was because I used to work at the dealer. You just have try to talk the guy down, say this is how much I got, they will either haggle with ya, or say, no way.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok...so working at the dealers how much is a 600 actually worth?...give it to me in us or cdn(if you know), doesnt matter to me...my parents got some crazy good friends for talkin down prices....thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
well 10,500 is really high for a 600. Talk them into the 8500 range and then when all is said and done...ask them to throw in a helmet and jacket...if not a jacket maybe some gloves.....or atleast one piece of riding gear.

Or look used. Cycle trader im sure you can find a nice bike for that price. Especially a brand new 04

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Well when your saying 10,500 is that cdn or us?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
anymore with the ease of financing, walkin in with cash really doesn't matter to the dealer. now if your credit was shit and they couldn't finance you then the cash would look a lot better, but chances are they would find some financial institution to finance you at some bullshit rate.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
$10,500 is in cdn so that would be $8,573.02 USD
edit: forgot about saying they want $9999cdn for a 2004 but i dont like the colors as much as this years <---- picky kid

The thing is that i dont really have any mode of finnace either...im 17 right now and no credit history at all...and i dont want to get screwed over with taxes/interest over the time of finacing so thats why im going the cash route. Ill be 18 next month but everything is covered in snow and wont be nice till spring(at least i hope it gets nice out) i have my AMA coarse done and was top of the class and youngest person there by like 30 years...no hot chicks...ive been riding dirt bikes since i was 13 and liked that so much i wanted to get a street bike so i could ride all the time....well thats where im at right now and cant wait to buy a bike
:D

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Try to get it for MSRP or less OTD door price, then your saving a good chunk because of taxes and all that crap, and Like Jimbo said, definatly have them throw in a helmet atleast.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
skibum91 did you know how much they actually bought the bikes for at the dealership? cuz MSRP really hurts for a seasonal thing...ill do it but it hurts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
they purchased the bikes for about 2-2.5k less than they sold them for. it all depended on the bike too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for that info...i think i could go for 9000cdn (1.5k less) and maybe a jacket

·
Retired Mod
6,899 Posts
let me be the first to say

dude your barely 18??? I'm gonna take it this will be your first bike...save your money!!! If you got that much cash saved up at this age..you can go a longs way in life. Be smart with that money. If its your first bike....buy something cheap and used so you can beat up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
ive been looking for a used bike since i was 15...a 4 year old bike still sells for only 2000 less then a new one with 35,000km on it....and they are all honda which i refuse to ever ride(hate my quad bad enough) right now im makin 1000 a month @$12/hr with only 4 hours at work a day because of school in the morning...i should have enough money in 2 months for the bike...by summer ill have made another 4000 and then another 4000 in the 2 months of summer if not more if i get a raise....bikes are my thing...i find cars boring but ill still most likely buy a small truck....atm i only have my bike licence and no car licence...i actually will ride my pedal bike to where i wanna go before ill go pay 400 bucks to get drivers ed and a car licence

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
You can get a bike license before a car license? Thats cool man. Not here in PA. Car first.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You can in nevada too.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
You can get your Motorcycle license before car.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
skibum91 said:
You can get your Motorcycle license before car.

Thats sweet shit man. You did not have "can" in the last one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts