Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone-

I'm on the verge of buying a 2007 GSXR 750 with around 3200 miles on it (for $6500). It has an extended warranty (till 2012). Bike appears in good condition, sounds good, rides good (short 3 min ride) though the rider mentioned sometimes his gear indicator shows the wrong gear.

Not sure if I can sound anymore like a squib, but is this a quality motorcycle? I have owned a 500cc Ninja, 600 CBR and now I'm moving to a GSXR finally. I've read a lot of good things (SportRider, forums) etc. about this bike. Yet I also have read about vibration and noise issues. Now that I really mind vibration or noise, just as long as it's in check. Just wanted to get unbiased TRUE rider's opinion on this bike model before I buy it. I usually have full faith in Japanese bikes, yet it can't hurt to get some opinions. Thanks in advance guys.

*sorry if this is in the wrong section. i blame it on the newb

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Hey everyone-

I'm on the verge of buying a 2007 GSXR 750 with around 3200 miles on it (for $6500). It has an extended warranty (till 2012). Bike appears in good condition, sounds good, rides good (short 3 min ride) though the rider mentioned sometimes his gear indicator shows the wrong gear.

Not sure if I can sound anymore like a squib, but is this a quality motorcycle? I have owned a 500cc Ninja, 600 CBR and now I'm moving to a GSXR finally. I've read a lot of good things (SportRider, forums) etc. about this bike. Yet I also have read about vibration and noise issues. Now that I really mind vibration or noise, just as long as it's in check. Just wanted to get unbiased TRUE rider's opinion on this bike model before I buy it. I usually have full faith in Japanese bikes, yet it can't hurt to get some opinions. Thanks in advance guys.

*sorry if this is in the wrong section. i blame it on the newb
i have a k7 750 bro. got 11700 miles and the only problem i had with it was the exhaust servo going out on me about 700-800 miles back. fixed it by getting a new exhaust and the bike is still going strong. no complaints what so ever. i think you should go for it. i would offer the guy 6000 though. just me....

good luck and welcome to the sight man! :thumbup:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. the guy that's selling said he's firm at 6500. i think it's a reasonable price, by no way being a steal. i'll see if I can work on him. cheers mate

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think $6500 is a pretty fair deal for a K7 750 with only 3200 miles on it. As long as its in decent shape, mechanicly and cosmeticly. Just make sure it hasnt been wrecked before or something, otherwise sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I think 6K would be the ideal price, yet this guy has been holding the bike for me for several weeks and we agreed on $6500. Maybe I'll see if he could cover some of the state tax (PA) to transfer the title and all.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
if you walk up and put 6 cash in his hand and say this is the best I can do he will take it. i got my 01 600 down to 1800 when the guy wanted 3000 for it.... When they are holding it in there hand its awful hard to say nope I need 500 more....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i guess the only condition with that logic is you have to be willing to walk away without the bike if he doesn't take 6k. I'm not sure if I would be able to do that..:bounce

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice bike dewd! I bought mine with 1200mi 7 months ago for $7600, so I'd say you got a pretty good deal.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.