Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody bought a new bike off Ebay? Just curious on why dealers would sell new bikes so cheap on Ebay, and a little skeptical. I found a brand new Black/Blue 05 750 on Ebay for 9000 and am debating on taking an 8 hr drive one way to save 600 bucks and tax....

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything big on ebay, just little stuff. but why not just try to get your dealer to give you a better price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may do that. The ebay add is from a dealer in Ohio, so I plan on calling them tomorrow and getting the story. I have 60 days of leave, so taking a few days off to go take a look wont kill me.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
16 hrs for a savings of 600 dollars. Thats crazy!!!! I would eat the cash and just get it. Or do what ski says and have a dealer give you the same price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biggest problem for me right now is nobody has em around here. Thats about the closest one to me I can find. I guess I can wait a bit for someone to get one around me, but I was kinda hoping on getting in on the $99 a month deal for the GSXR's (I plan on paying about 500 or so a month to pay it off with my perdiem checks, but its nice to only have to pay the $99 if I dont get to fly too much that month)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I remember i saw an '05 600 on ebay for like $6000 at a dealer, brand new. I emailed them and they said they could do financing and even the $99 a month thing, only catch was that they couldn't finance it for me unless I was there in person. The bike was in maine and i live in georgia. A buddy of mine baught an sv off of ebay, guy said it had been down on one side. When he got the bike it had been down on both sides,and was banged up a little more then the pics showed. Plus he never knew if the thing even ran good or not. I thikn he leaned his lesson. After a few hours of cleaning and a little work the bike looks good and luckily it runs like a champ. I wouldn't ever buy anything unless i could see it in person first especially when there are large amounts of money involved.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Two weeks ago i bought a bike off ebay for a buddy of mine. Luckily it was kinda close, so i checked with the seller and he agreed to meet us halfway to pick it up. So we actually go to see the bike before paying for it (except a 500 dollar deposit). The bike was exactly what he had described. It was really nice. Only thing is it just happened to be close to where i live. I don't think i would like buying one without seeing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why don't you just get a 600? Are you really a good enough rider to push the 750 more than you would a 600. What type of bike do you own know?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I has been about 12 years since I rode (yea...got rid of it right before I got married...what a dumbass...has taken me this long to talk her into letting me get another one) Ages ago I used to ride dirt and had an 84 GPz 550 for the street, then a Katana 600. Am I good enough to push the 750 and see the advantages over the 600 it has, which are hard to do...Nope. The 600's of today Waaaay outclass those of 10 years ago (even the 750's). Its going to take a while to knock the rust off, and the question still exists how much will come off (I hit the big 35 last month :D ) I doubt I will ever push the 750 harder then I would a 600, but I have had my heart set on a GSX-R750 since I started riding years back when they were (and still are) the top of their class. I think age has also changed me some, and I doubt I will be riding like im young, dumb and full of xxx like I did back then, so I wouldnt even probably push a 600, but the heart wants what it wants. Lucky for me, the dealership 2 miles up the road just called, and they have one fresh in the crate waiting on me to come up there and take it off their hands first thing in the morning! Bad thing is, I leave for Germany and Iraq/Afghanistan early on the 31st for 3 weeks, so it sits in the garage neglected till then.
Thanks guys, and I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions for other sections of this board soon!

·
Registered
325 Posts
hey fellas,
The guys from ohio is it xtreme suzuki? If so they guys are awsome people. My dad and I bought both of our suzukis from them and had them ship to florida. They are so cool, my dad had parked the bike in a lot a few days later and someone busted off the entire mirror and arm off his volusia 1500. A few days later xtreme called up just to make sure every thing was cool, and when my dad told him the story a few days later the part showed up in the mail. Now how many dealerships would do that ecspecially ones thousands of miles away. just my two cents

brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts