Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my gsxr won’t start up and throwing code C24, c25, c26, and c27 ignition switch 1-4. I replaced ignition coils, spark plugs, and battery. My gsxr still won’t start. Could it be my crankshaft position sensor? Help!

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
Welcome.

Do you have any after market timing or quick shift boxes installed such as a Bazazz or PC Ignition module?

I don't know if it will cause the codes but did you check that you had power to the coils?

I'm 98% sure it is not your CKS.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome.

Do you have any after market timing or quick shift boxes installed such as a Bazazz or PC Ignition module?

I don't know if it will cause the codes but did you check that you had power to the coils?

Welcome.

No I don’t have any mods done to it other than exhaust and would it be the ignition coil harness?

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
No I don’t have any mods done to it other than exhaust and would it be the ignition coil harness?
Could be, but that is part of the main harness.

Did this just start doing this spontaneously or has someone been "fixing" it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could be, but that is part of the main harness.

Did this just start doing this spontaneously or has someone been "fixing" it?
Just started this last Sunday the bike didn’t want to start tore it apart ignition coil 3 was burnt I replaced all 4 and spark plugs and battery and the bike still won’t turn on those 4 codes popped up again and again

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
So did you get the codes before you tore it apart?

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
I moved this from your other post. Try and keep new information for the same problem here.

"Long story short was riding my 03 gsxr 600 it died on the interstate couldn’t start it at all but had enough juice until power slowly died away. battery was fried had a lump on the bottom. Coil 3 was burned up and melted. I replaced my battery, coils, and spark plugs went to fire it up and it cranks but won’t start and threw a FI code for c24,25,26,27. Checked to see if I had spark and no power is going to coils to create spark for the plugs. is it my stator that is burned out not giving power to my coils? Checked every connection to make sure nothing was burned and checked harnesses seemed fine."

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
That was useful information. What do you mean by the battery was fried? Boiled out?

Did you replaced the rectifier recently?

The stator and R/R are not needed at all to run the bike if the battery is good so that is not your issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was useful information. What do you mean by the battery was fried? Boiled out?

Did you replaced the rectifier recently?

The stator and R/R are not needed at all to run the bike if the battery is good so that is not your issue.
Yes rectifier is relocated and stator is replaced and the battery was fried like it was k super hot and had a lump on the bottom of it like it wanted to burst open and explode

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes al
When you turn the ignition On, can you hear the fuel pump? It should cycle for 3 seconds.

(Or you can test for 12v at fuel pump between Y/R and B/W, for 3 seconds after ignition On.)
Yes all electrical components work except headlights but headlight been dead since I bought it so it’s not the issue. fuel pump primes, dash works great, battery works, I’m wondering if it’s the stator why won’t no code or any other electrical issue appear doesn’t it have to do with charging?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you sure it's the fuel pump priming?
I don't know how new you are to bikes, some people confuse STVA sound for fuel pump. So here's a short video of the fuel pump sound.

Like rv6john said, there are no codes for bad stator or rectifier. And your bike will start and
run without them. (for about 10 mins till the battery dies).

How did you check power going to the coils?

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
^What Peter said. Make sure the fuel pump is priming. It should also run continuously when the starter button is pressed and the engine cranking. Put your ear to the tank if you need to.

I'm beginning to think that you fried the ECM although usually, it stops totally so all you get is CHEC in the temp window and no pump prime. There still may be hope.

I suggested you check for power at the coils also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts