Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I have a question,my 07 gxsr 750 has been sitting for about 1 year..went to fire it up for the season and got c41 code..the bike won’t even turn over..I replaced all fuses,new fuel pump,new tos,used ecu,switched fuel relay and fan relay still nothing..where do I begin to check for short circuits because at this point I’m stumped..

·
Dad Bod Super Mod
27,815 Posts
Was it running when it was put away? C41 appears to be the fuel pump relay. See the page here. The relay coil O/W wire is the safety circuit and goes through the kill switch to the side stand, then to the ignition. the R/Bl wire from the ignition goes to the switched side of the relay and Y/R powers the pump.

Check continuity of O/W from fuel relay through the safety circuit to ignition switch and make sure all are made.

With ignition on check for 12V on RBl at the relay:
If no check R/Bl at ignition for 12V - If no ignition switch problem
- If yes find short or open on R/Bl wire to relay
If yes check for 12V on Y/R from relay to Fuel pump
If no check relay & wire
If yes check fuel pump ground.

·
Super Moderator
9,725 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so I have a question,my 07 gxsr 750 has been sitting for about 1 year..went to fire it up for the season and got c41 code..the bike won’t even turn over..I replaced all fuses,new fuel pump,new tos,used ecu,switched fuel relay and fan relay still nothing..where do I begin to check for short circuits because at this point I’m stumped..
Was it running when it was put away? C41 appears to be the fuel pump relay. See the page here. The relay coil O/W wire is the safety circuit and goes through the kill switch to the side stand, then to the ignition. the R/Bl wire from the ignition goes to the switched side of the relay and Y/R powers the pump.

Check continuity of O/W from fuel relay through the safety circuit to ignition switch and make sure all are made.

With ignition on check for 12V on RBl at the relay:
If no check R/Bl at ignition for 12V - If no ignition switch problem
- If yes find short or open on R/Bl wire to relay
If yes check for 12V on Y/R from relay to Fuel pump
If no check relay & wire
If yes check fuel pump ground.
thanks man I really appreciate this,so let me ask this I can hook up a test light to my battery and check for continuity right??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man I really appreciate this,so let me ask this I can hook up a test light to my battery and check for continuity right??
So I have power to the relay,ignition,and the switch, but what I noticed when I put the test light on the fuel pump connector itself I’m getting a very low connection..

·
Dad Bod Super Mod
27,815 Posts
If the Y/R wire at the fuel pump has power but it is poor follow the other wire to it's ground point. You might have a poor ground.

·
Dad Bod Super Mod
27,815 Posts
You should get a small electrical tester/multimeter. In may cases the actual voltage is needed. A test light is only good to quickly determine where power is not how much is there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts