Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance just brought her bike in for inspection and the shop informed her the caliper was leaking on her white wheels and there is noticeable fluids on them. And said she might need a $200 part to fix this issue.

The bike is brand new under 100 miles. Has anyone seen this on newer bikes and any remedies or suggestions on what could be happening? She only drove around town for these miles maybe 60-70mi and she is a new rider so not like she is doing tricks to cause this issue.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My fiance just brought her bike in for inspection and the shop informed her the caliper was leaking on her white wheels and there is noticeable fluids on them. And said she might need a $200 part to fix this issue.

The bike is brand new under 100 miles. Has anyone seen this on newer bikes and any remedies or suggestions on what could be happening? She only drove around town for these miles maybe 60-70mi and she is a new rider so not like she is doing tricks to cause this issue.

I haven't read of any problems with calipers leaking on any bike in particular. However, I wouldn't even waste time posting this up just take it back to the dealer for a warranty job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When she brought her bike for inspection the guy took out some air on her tires and rode it around the parking lot going stright to break in her tires or so he said. After putting air in after his warm up there were leaks.

He was applying pressure on the front forks on a half filled tire I mean would this cause issues? This is the only thing I can think of.

It's not covered under warranty but Its being fixed for free as I'm friends with GM at our dealer.

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
>When she brought her bike for inspection the guy took out some air on her tires and rode it around the parking lot going stright to break in her tires or so he said.

WTF????

>After putting air in after his warm up there were leaks. He was applying pressure on the front forks on a half filled tire I mean would this cause issues? This is the only thing I can think of.

No, it shouldn't. I'm sure the leak is coincidental, unless he did something else he didn't tell you about.

>It's not covered under warranty but Its being fixed for free as I'm friends with GM at our dealer.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't it be covered under warranty? Oh, well, if it's being fixed for free anyway, no matter I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts