Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new motor from this cat. i got stopped by the cops and he ran my numbers and the motor numbers. So happen that the motor number came up stolen. So the cop took my bike. And i could get charged for possesion of stolen property. All because of the motor. Man am i pissed

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have seen cases like this, and if the cops know you're being honest they usually won't be after your ass on it. In other words, if you were sold the motor in good faith, believing it was not stolen, you'll probably not have any problems telling them where you got it. If you offer to do that, or help them they will likely not charge you.

I know it sounds like ratting somebody out, but if somebody sold you a motor and didn't tell you it was stolen, then it's really them that put you in this situation. Had they told you it was stolen and you took it anyway, then I'd call it ratting them out. You shouldn't take the fall for this since somebody lied to you.

A tip for others...when buying an engine, it may be a good idea to call the police and have the numbers checked out before paying the money.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Damn dude that sucks.. I would bring the cops to home boys front door for that mess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts