Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this GSX-R750 from 2005. By the documents it has a special note saying it was imported by a Suzuki dealership from Japan with changed sound specs. Anybody knows anything about it? Half of the graphics are painted instead of stickers.

It already has some mods as upgraded front brakes, reinforced clutch and a different exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Welcome.

Obviously a Yoshimura edition or at least the bling for one.

Looking around, I don't see any references to a 750 of that year. It could have been a very limited Japan only bike or possibly a 750 with the 600 kit. Just a guess.

Either way, it's a nice and probably special bike. Nice find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you! When I found it for sale I just loved the looks and I got it at a great price for a k5, it was a no brainer. Then looking through that note on the papers of the bike, not finding anything on the original livery and paintjob and the VIN, that besides the usual JS1B3 and the 14th number, is all 1s and 0s, I started scratching my head. Also I feel it pulls way better than other 750s I drove, although it may be a placebo effect or because of the mods on the bike.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Forgive me for not knowing where the country flag near your avatar is from.
What country is it in now?

Looks to be a factory made edition for sure. Obviously Yoshi too. Question is, which parts, etc.
I don't think I've ever seen one like that before either.
Are you sure it's a K5?

My quick search finds a 2014 LE 750?

Reactions: Lcardoso17

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
One time I posted up a special edition of a 1000 others had never seen before.
My friend in Racine WI. has it in his garage. It was an old girl friends of his.
This one is numbered out of 500 built, 50 only to the USA.
The thread is here somewhere- it won't help this puzzle though.

I couldn't find any others that looked like that- gold wheels, etc.

Is there a numbered plate on the upper triple tree?

I think we have a Holy Grail here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The country is Portugal. In the documents says it was first registered by Suzuki in 2005 as a k5 in another European country, but since it came from Japan could have been manufactured in 2004 as a k4 but for legal issues, or to simplify the process of importation, the Suzuki here in Europe branded it as k5.

Thank you all for the interest. I'm trying to contact Suzuki here about this bike too, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Welcome to the Site!

A 2004 would be marketed as a 2005 for sure. I only asked b/c I only found mention of one in 2014, that I linked.

Either way, nice bike!

Please do let us know what you find out! Awesome find! Looks like it's worth $$ in my eyes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do the stickers on the fairings have clearcoat over them? Does the Suzuki logo on the fender have clear coat on it?

·
Premium Member
1995 GSX-R 750
1,449 Posts
This is only a guess, as I do NOT know. It's a 20th Anniversary Yoshimura Edition? 2005 would be the 20th anniversary of the GSX-R750...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do the stickers on the fairings have clearcoat over them? Does the Suzuki logo on the fender have clear coat on it?
The white Suzuki on the side and all the white and red stickers on the fairings are over the clearcoat. Everything else is clearcoated.

Everything that is gold is painted (except the "S" on the rank and the Suzuki lettering logos, they are stickers under the clearcoat)

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you have stickers under clearcoat on the fairings, then my guess would be aftermarket fairings, with a custom paint job. Its not a 20th anniversary edition. those have parts we would identify, and a plaque on the triple tree. Yosh didn't do a 20th anniversary.
Suzuki didn't put stickers under clearcoat on the 04/05 600/750 fairings. The only sticker under clear on those years is the S, and the stripe on the tank. I don't think that's factory paint scheme.
But it is a cool looking bike. I bet you never see another one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have stickers under clearcoat on the fairings, then my guess would be aftermarket fairings, with a custom paint job. Its not a 20th anniversary edition. those have parts we would identify, and a plaque on the triple tree. Yosh didn't do a 20th anniversary.
Suzuki didn't put stickers under clearcoat on the 04/05 600/750 fairings. The only sticker under clear on those years is the S, and the stripe on the tank. I don't think that's factory paint scheme.
But it is a cool looking bike. I bet you never see another one.
Thank you for your attention. Those were my thoughts when I bought them. I've checked the bike again in person yesterday (I have it parked in my other house in another city) the red stickers are also over the clearcoat. In a way I really really hope it's aftermarket (I've been searching through fairings suppliers websites to find fairings like this), as I dont have any intention of selling it and I wouldn't be so scared of droping the bike (I bought it for track days initially). I want to push this bike a little harder without the fear of destroying a possible rare bike, because although it's an old bike, it feels amazing to drive (seems the last owner had a lot of money into it, everything seems really finely tuned, from suspension to the engine)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have owned my 04 since it was new. I have never seen this paint scheme before. And I have been paying attention to the different Paint schemes throughout the world. My guess is a nice custom paint job. Looks to be a well taken care of bike. I would find some cheap track plastics for it. Also look for a spare tank on ebay. Then you can take all the pretty stuff off, and go to the track and get after it.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
So, it is not a 20th Anniversary edition. Those had the tri-blue race paint and were numbered. Beyond that, they weren't much different, but the model on the frame an X after the number.

In 2005, Suzuki did have a special order Yoshimura edition. It came with a special paint scheme, a Yosh exhaust, and I think a different ECM (not positive about that one). It also had some Yosh engine cover upgrades. I also think it had a different upper triple clamp.

Honestly, I think you got a standard bike that someone put a custom body kit on. Still a nice bike though.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
I spent about 10 minutes google searching, but couldn't find anything. I remember clearly the timing inspection plug was gold, there was a gold colored guard on the stator cover, and that it was by order only. Essentially, you bought the bike and it shipped from the factory to Yoshimura. They did their thing, and then shipped it to your dealer. It was a special Yoshimura program, not a Suzuki program. They looked fabulous, but I think we all agreed there was nothing on there that really improved the bike or justified the cost. I remember discussing it on gixxer.com, but my google-fu couldn't find that discussion either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts