Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night around 11PM I went out for a ride with my boy Tony and we went out towards Rt. 3 West and did a few friendly races. We stopped at a Sheetz and ohhed and awwed over our cars for about an hour.

Around 12:30 I got back to my house and was dead tired so I was asleep as soon as my head hit the nice down feather pillow :D. Anyway around 3:45 or so my mom came in and woke me up saying her car alarm was going off and that she wanted me to go turn it off so I got up and did was she asked without thinking much of it. I just thought a cat may have brushed up against it or something.

Well I had to get up early this morning to take my sister to school and when I get out to my car I notice a shit load of finger prints towards the top of my window. I also notice a few scratch marks around the top.

So here's what I think happened. When I got home some thieves tried to force my windows down and tried to shove a coat hanger or something in at the top to get it down. I've heard of the same thing happening to others. I guess they brushed up against my moms car setting off the alarm and waking her up.

So fuck you car thieves. Won't be getting your dirty hands on my ride. Also I'm shopping for a nice alarm system. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
At least you still have your ride. Next month will be 2 years my last truck was stolen out of my driveway with my wife home. She was moving in to our first house and got tired and left it outside with a bunch of our stuff in it and what do ya know, the next days its gone.

They had to have towed it somehow. My shit is never quiet in the least. But luck for me they found it 3 days later stripped to the frame in a warehouse 5 miles from my house with 20+ others of the same make and model.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn sounds like they knew what they were doing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Unfortunatley if they want it there is nothing u can do. Mine was broken into a few months ago u start looking at everyone around u as a suspect wondering someone might have followed u home it sucks. Your best defense is to put it in a garage my good man.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A garage is always the best defense against thieves. Especially for bikes.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Get a "car boot", alarm and removable steering wheel to make it harder to steal. Better yet get rid of that POS rice burner and buy a real car ... j/k :rofl: They stole my friends modded hatch a few days ago, and my other friends stock GSR. Thieves are stealing them cars like crazy in San Diego.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know the feeling and it sux to know someone is tampering with your property.
I had an anniversary edition Z28 that was was broken into 3x before it was finally stolen and not recovered.
First time they popped the T-Top open. Motion sensor inside set off the alarm and ran them off.
Second time they busted out the passenger window, setting off the alarm. The kept messing with the car with the alarm going off until my neighbor yelled at them.
Third time I walked out to go to work in the morning.... and it was just GONE!
All three break ins were all at different places I had lived (I moved a lot) apartment complexes with no garage option.
It was never recovered, but I'm sure it was chopped :headshake as I had some pretty sweet Ditata chrome wheels on it.

Thank goodness for insurance!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea the part where you said """FINGER PRINTS"""!!!!!!!
I've had friends who's cars have had prints on them and cops around here are lazy and make excuses for not being able to lift slightly smudged finger prints off of glass.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The Viper company can kiss my ass. I will NEVER buy another one of their products again. I bought one a while back for my show car (which I no longer have). I had it installed and after a month or so...the brain of the alarm stopped working. Not sure how or why. Sooo...I went back to the shop that installed it and the found the issue...the brain just died. Well...we called the Viper company for a replacement under warranty and since the install shop wasn't a licensed installer, they wouldn't give me anything.

I had the receipt, the boxes, the packages, EVERYTHING and they wouldn't even help in the slightest. Kinda messed up after spending like $450 on a "good" alarm.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Viper company can kiss my ass. I will NEVER buy another one of their products again. I bought one a while back for my show car (which I no longer have). I had it installed and after a month or so...the brain of the alarm stopped working. Not sure how or why. Sooo...I went back to the shop that installed it and the found the issue...the brain just died. Well...we called the Viper company for a replacement under warranty and since the install shop wasn't a licensed installer, they wouldn't give me anything.

I had the receipt, the boxes, the packages, EVERYTHING and they wouldn't even help in the slightest. Kinda messed up after spending like $450 on a "good" alarm.
That sucks, I guess if you get a Viper you should make sure the shop is licensed. Did not know that, good info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hmm

It is an awesome alarm, just the sticker does the job. The alarm is still in the box! :lol:
...until tomorrow night after someone has read this and boosts your ride. lol j/k. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Like one said, if they want it, they're going to get it. Alarms deter amateurs, but if a pro is going for your wheels, even a garage won't stop them. That's why we have that lovely insurance.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...until tomorrow night after someone has read this and boosts your ride. lol j/k. I sure hope that doesn't happen.

Like one said, if they want it, they're going to get it. Alarms deter amateurs, but if a pro is going for your wheels, even a garage won't stop them. That's why we have that lovely insurance...
Or a pair of .45s your grandpa got for you on your 18th birthday. :arsenal

That's my insurance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.