Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I finally got the engine to pop on my '93 750 basket case that I bought a few months ago. problem is that it won't run. the plugs foul instanly. the guy that I got it from pulled the smog off and then said that it started to foul plugs so he re-jetted to the biggest that he could get.(stage 3?) it hasn't been run in about a year but I took the float covers off and blasted all the passages with carb cleaner hopeing some thing. also any abody know what you have to plug up after pulling the charcol canister? there's 2 hoses that he left unplugged and when I plugged them the bike wouldn't pop at all. I'm stumped. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,747 Posts
You should go ahead and start over on the jetting. Goto a stage one or stock jetting to get it running
Stage 3 on those bikes involve seperate pods for ststem that is a nightmare if your not fimiliar with it. You can take to a dyno shop or to a reputable mechanic and have them get you going (best option). Your fouling plugs because its dumping fuel straight in. Did you adjust floats once done? did you turn in your screws on the carbs? A whole lotta stuff and patience in carb bikes that I refused to deal with anymore so FI for me

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If he said it was fouling plugs so he went LARGER on the jets he is an idiot. Larger main jet richens the mixture. if he was already fouling plugs he went the wrong way. The main jet is really only a mid to high range thing anyway. If it fouls them at idle it is more than likely a mixture screw problem.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

Try going through this if you feel comfortable with carbs. It is a tricky and painstacking deal though, so a mechanic might be your best bet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.