Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of the carbon fiber fairing stay for those interested. Included are pictures around the bolts. All the carbon fiber came from Tekarbon.com or motocomposites.com. both make quality products as I have not had a single issue with fitment on anything.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
Here are some pictures of the carbon fiber fairing stay for those interested. Included are pictures around the bolts. All the carbon fiber came from Tekarbon.com or motocomposites.com. both make quality products as I have not had a single issue with fitment on anything.
I bought one yesterday from Tekarbon on eBay bc it looks like they have them in stock. Website says 4-7 weeks. Thank you for posting that pic of your bike with this on it gave me inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
Several years ago I bought a Bestem carbon fiber stator cover and found that the attaching lugs tended to be crushed by the bolts. They also weren't flat enough for the sealing washers used with two of the bolts. I ended up removing all lugs and gluing the cover onto the stator cover with an oil resistant high adhesive RTV. The GB Racing nylon cover has metal bushings to avoid this problem. It's left me suspicious of aftermarket CF parts but I gather it's not a problem with your fairing stay. I later installed a clutch cover that was designed to be attached by RTV.

·
Super Moderator
1,401 Posts
Several years ago I bought a Bestem carbon fiber stator cover and found that the attaching lugs tended to be crushed by the bolts. They also weren't flat enough for the sealing washers used with two of the bolts. I ended up removing all lugs and gluing the cover onto the stator cover with an oil resistant high adhesive RTV. The GB Racing nylon cover has metal bushings to avoid this problem. It's left me suspicious of aftermarket CF parts but I gather it's not a problem with your fairing stay. I later installed a clutch cover that was designed to be attached by RTV.
Yea I think that sellers have smartened up to the fact that there are many ways to acquire these parts now so the quality has risen. I have a lot of carbon parts on my zx6r from MotoComposites so I can vouch for them more than Tekarbon, but I am optimistic non the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
947 Posts
There are some interesting parts from Czechoslovakia here. They offer engine covers in kevlar/carbon, which has a distinctly higher resistance to abrasion than carbon. But UV light degrades kevlar so a protective layer is needed. Those parts seem to have it. You can see such a cover on a SERT bike here:

P.S. Does anyone know of a source for the reflective armbands seen here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts