Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Diagram on how to put flush mounts in for a 04 gixxer 600??? ok I know that on the headlight fron t piece their is 6 bolts 3 on each side !! Ok I dont know what to do from there, the bike shop wants to charge me 50 bucks, but oh no!! im going to do it myself! when i get home i will post pics on what im stuck on. i asked the bike shop what to do and they said I would have to take off the whole fairing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on both sides AND i DONT WANNA DO THAT SO HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
293 Posts
flushmounts

i know that cs-05 has flush mounts on his bike, send him PM to ask how he did it, or search google for info, i havent installed flush mounts but i have taken my bike part to be painted

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
i have an '04 600 and i didnt have to take off shit...remove your old blinkers and leave the wires hanging out so you can easily connect them to your new blinkers...take the flush mounts...line them up to where you want them and mark the screw holes with a pen, drill the holes for the screws and mount the blinkers...dont forget to wire them up first!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have watsen design (the best) flushmounts and yes I had to take off the fairing. It's not hard. You should take off your fairings anyway so you don't scratch them. They are much easier to work with off of the bike. You will most likely have to remove the fairing. This takes about 10 minutes. What is the problem?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
yeah the toughest part about getting the fairing off is that little plastice rivot type piece that is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
well i dont see why you guys had to take the fairings off, but ok.....
i had 0 problems installing mine and they're perfectly aligned.

its not hard if yer not retarded :lol:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Psych_77 said:
yeah the toughest part about getting the fairing off is that little plastice rivot type piece that is a pain in the ass.
I too hate those little plastic rivet looking little bastard thing's, whoever came up with that idea should be stoned(well he probably was) to death. :funny:

·
Registered
309 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Yea but how...How do you take off the stock blinker without the whole fairing?
I know it's an old post but just incase you are wondering
right below your upper fairing(the headlight assembly) there is a black cover that is held by about 4 or 6 black removable rivet. Take a small nail to push the middle of those rivet, then the rivet should come off easily. then you should be able to remove the black cover and also access the turn signals and remove it with I think an 8mm or 7mm

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
1BadTitan said:
Yea but how...How do you take off the stock blinker without the whole fairing?
Take off your inner fairings there is the pop rivets for the top and the ones that mount on the back of the fairing is three screws. Take off those and you can reach the vack off the stock signals. It is an 8mm nut I think, after that just unplug it from the harness. Your good to go.

·
Registered
938 Posts
You do not need to remove the side fairings. All you have to do is remove the three on the sides of the upper fairing and remove the two bolts on the upper fairing bracket (the two on the neck of the frame) They are on the right side of the neck. Once you do that the whole upper faiing will come off, head light and all. I have done this a few times. Lemme know if you need me to take a pic of the two bolts. I repeat, you do not need to remove the side fairings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.