Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a REAL carbon fiber tank not a tank pad or anything like that i found a site with all the carbon bodywork i need and the carbon fiber rims but the tanks are rare and i havent been able to find any. If you know of a site let me know. Or if you think that going with carbon fiber is a bad move let me know too

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
what bike is it for? and I really want to do all carbon on my stuff but am limited by the money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its on an '01 600, Yes you heard right justa 600 why do you think my name is justa6 ;)

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
well they made 600's from 86-04. so...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2001 what do you think about the carbon fiber and do you know where i can get a tank

·
Registered
104 Posts
Weight Savings....

I think U are going for the Carbon Fiber Tank because the weight ?.... if yes
better change your bike for a 2004 gsxr600 and the bike total weight are going to be the same if not less.

my 0.02 cents

about the carbon fiber rims,............. Bump...............

my other 0.02 cents
:)

·
Registered
522 Posts
carbon fiber is an expensive venture!!! rims with magnesium hubs and carbon fairings... $$$$$$ I have seen a couple of full carbon fiber race tanks on ebay every now and then try looking there from time to time. I had the same Idea... Way too expensive for my blood!!! Hey maybe if i start donating other bodily fluids i can save enough.... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everybody i found everything i need, when i get the bike done ill post some pic. you know in like.... 5-10 years lol not that long but a while

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GixxerG said:
I think U are going for the Carbon Fiber Tank because the weight ?.... if yes
better change your bike for a 2004 gsxr600 and the bike total weight are going to be the same if not less.

my 0.02 cents

about the carbon fiber rims,............. Bump...............

my other 0.02 cents
:)
so what have you had a bad experience or your pissed off cause you cant afford it? and elborate on the bump the wheels you gotta give a good reason!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I wanna get it i just don't have the money. I would if I could though.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
I agree, if i could scrounge up the money I will definatly get it, but right now Paying for MOTO GP is more important.

·
Registered
600 Posts
When i get home ill post the pic of the 1k with the complete kit. It looks so sharp i almost went out and bought the bike to look like it. CF rims are really expensive and unless your racing I think they are pointless

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
they are about $3500 for the pair, and its either looks for performance for the reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts