Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your guises help? I want to put as much carbon fiber on my bike as I can over time that is. I have been looking and depending on the company that makes it can look a lot different from one another. What is a good place to get a bunch of different things and for a good price? I went to carbon fiber works I know its good stuff but costs a lot! and I have a k8 750 that might help.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
oppracing does alot of carbon fiber, but why do you gonna spend so much on carbon when you can do performance and suspension mods?

·
Registered
873 Posts
hey i went to the garage and snapped some flash photos of some of the fiber on my bike, i have the tail and upper headlight fairing and cowl and frame/swingarm protectors coming.. but this gives u an idea of what it would look like

I flashed photoed so you can see the weave pattern a little, thus the photos look shitty, but this is the only way you can see the weave in pics.

I ordered this all from tekarbon , really cool guy owns a small company, very competitive prices. He beats 1carbontech's prices and is the same quality.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
hey i went to the garage and snapped some flash photos of some of the fiber on my bike, i have the tail and upper headlight fairing and cowl and frame/swingarm protectors coming.. but this gives u an idea of what it would look like

I flashed photoed so you can see the weave pattern a little, thus the photos look shitty, but this is the only way you can see the weave in pics.

I ordered this all from tekarbon , really cool guy owns a small company, very competitive prices. He beats 1carbontech's prices and is the same quality.
so uh.....wheres the pics?:headscrat

·
Registered
873 Posts
The windscreen was custom made not from Tekarbon. Some of its OEM suzuki carbon fiber.

The Carbon Fiber frame guards, swingarm and engine covers (not in pictures) are from the UK , profiber, and ran like $700 for all 6 pieces.

The tail, cowl, and upper headlight aren't in the pics above they get here the 15th, ill post up new pics when its all together , in the bike of the month.. in the sun and better quality, these were just taken real quick for this thread..

The frame sliders were made from lockhart , $150 but theyre nice.
hope this helps ya took forever to resize them

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Yeah hopefully a pic of the whole bike does it more justice than the pics you posted. Otherwise some of it has no flow to it and looks like the different brands are different shades and slightly different patterns.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i bet you could see really good out of that wind screen
:funny: there is no point in having a clear screen, its not like need to be looking through it. But on the other had, it does look kinda weird without a clear screen.

·
Registered
873 Posts
theres only two designs - its 75% small square design, but some of it is the other design (which are the straight twill lines). This is due to no one makes those pieces in the other design (ive looked on all forums and everywhere). Anyone who is putting together a full c/fiber bike will be in the same boat. Its not even noticable in person, the big pieces are small squares, which looks great, smaller parts are the twill weave. Makes for a nice blend I like it.

it looks amazing in person a lot of people compliment it. No one sees it as much as I do, and I love it!

I've already got $750 in c/f being shipped : ) When its 100% i'll be done with it ;D lol

My favorite mod has to be the taylormade exhaust though, its awesome.

·
Registered
873 Posts
looks mainly, but if it drops weight thats great too.

I rather have 100% real c/fiber then I can pawn my oem pieces off to make up for some of the $$

Laying it ontop would end up costing the same in the end

My 600 is fucking amazing weight wise, its over 28 pds lighter then stock. You think its easy to drop that kind of weight but its NOT, after the cat and stock exhaust is off and replaced with a gp style exhaust the rest of the weight is tricky.

I'm $1000 away from having my dream bike. After I sell my oem fairings and alienware laptop ill have enough to get the last few parts, (pp 2cts , wave rotors, etc) and ill be done! I cant WAITTT to finish off these last few pieces so I can just spend money on track days, can't upgrade the bike and do the track at the same time. I'll be taking it streetfighter style everytime I go , minus the frame sliders and carbon fiber frame / case protectors just incase ;D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oppracing does alot of carbon fiber, but why do you gonna spend so much on carbon when you can do performance and suspension mods?
I like the look of carbon fiber. I dont want 5 differnt looks of it. right now im looking for fairing and hugger and chain gard but will get more in time after all my performance but not to much worth putting on my bike its what i take the most dont need to go 120+ to work everyday. want to get a track bike soon!

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can get the chainguard and hugger the same design, however you will not find the side fairing the same design as the hugger and chainguard.

Its just the price ya gotta pay for wanting custom parts. No one makes all the pieces in the same design.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
:funny: there is no point in having a clear screen, its not like need to be looking through it. But on the other had, it does look kinda weird without a clear screen.
i agree there is no point for clear, thats why i went with the tinted double bubble, btw i do need to look throught it once in a while

·
Registered
873 Posts
Clear windscreens are so LITTLE of a difference. I've hit 160 just fine with this screen, you just tuck and leave your eyes over it. Its no different then a clear one, you barely feel any wind when your barely peeking over it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts