Suzuki GSXR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my e.t.'s so i'm thinking about ceramic wheel bearings are they worth the money? I am also thinking about getting an air shifter will that make me quicker or just more consistent? thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
dont know about drag racing but they def make a difference on our track bike.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Why the constant lube?

I didnt pick up $hit with my race ceramic wheel bearings. Waste of $400 if you ask me. Also have to keep them lubed every few passes. Use the money on something else
Huh? Why? I was gonna buy them for my 01 750 when the rear bearings were shot. I was gonna use them for normal track days. I didn't see anything about lubing them constantly. I didn't get them cause they were close to 400 bucks when the stock ones were 40 delivered!!!:headscrat:hmmm:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Worked great for me... if you don't apply them correctly you wont get shit out of them. The newest bearings are sealed like the stock ones and last longer.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I didnt pick up $hit with my race ceramic wheel bearings. Waste of $400 if you ask me. Also have to keep them lubed every few passes. Use the money on something else
LOL you got the full drag bearings which we dont use anymore, they help alot and make the bike much better to ride and push LOL.
PM me if you need a price on a set.
Worldwide Bearings are the way to go

·
Registered
114 Posts
If they are going in just a track bike and not on a street bike, just take a set of stock bearing and redo them!

pull the dust covers off and spray them out with some carb cleaner, to get all the grease out.

Then take some chain wax and spray the bearings down and reinstall them. just reaply once every 6 months!

40 bucks to 400 bucks ( still on the same set of bearings now for 2 years and works just as good as the ceramic )

·
Registered
195 Posts
there is a lot of other important factors than just that for ex. brakes draging, you rear wheel straight you cant be exact by the marks on your swingarms been there and you chain lot of times there is tight spots that you have to look for

·
Registered
218 Posts
In theory, they should pick up a bit. Heres what you should do. Go to the track and give me 3 honest full out passes with your stock bearings. Put the ceramic bearings in at the track (takes less than 1 hour). Make 3 all out passes with the ceramic and let us know the outcome. HAS TO BE DONE ON THE SAME NIGHT so all factors are equal. I can tell you how to install them really quick and easy if you need me to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to lower my e.t.'s so i'm thinking about ceramic wheel bearings are they worth the money? I am also thinking about getting an air shifter will that make me quicker or just more consistent? thanks
Ceramic bearings would be a waste of your money. Stick with stock bearings and improve your technique. A couple practice days will lower your et's more than new bearings.

·
Registered
502 Posts
+1:thumbup:
If your looking for the Most out of your bike everything is important and ceramic wheel bearings are just as important. People dont look at the little things that add up to less friction like tightness of certain bolts, bearings, breaks and chain tightness. The way I see it is do you reasearch and you tell me one bike that has been a chamion that doesnt have ceramic wheel bearings. Not saying the bearings did it but EVERYTHING MATTERS :thumbup:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't stop at wheel bearings...go all out with tranny and engine bearings too!!! :infrandom
LOL your trying to be a wiseass but yet you should do those if you have the motor/trans apart.
I love when people knock shit. Shit I guess all the Pro Road Race bikes have STOCK wheel Bearings right? :laughingr

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL your trying to be a wiseass but yet you should do those if you have the motor/trans apart.
I love when people knock shit. Shit I guess all the Pro Road Race bikes have STOCK wheel Bearings right? :laughingr
Part smartass, part wiseass. :thumbup: There's a difference... I don't think it really pays off though unless you are at a certain level of racing with a certain achievement established and in close racing needing every tenth of a second on the track...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Part smartass, part wiseass. :thumbup: There's a difference... I don't think it really pays off though unless you are at a certain level of racing with a certain achievement established and in close racing needing every tenth of a second on the track...
I hope im not the only one who looks to get every tenth out of my bike when I go to the track :shifty

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.