Suzuki GSXR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anyplace other then online i can buy a chain breaker/ rivet tool? i don't want to miss bike night friday so i really don't want to wait till saturday to get the chain back on my bike..

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
if you have a cycle gear in your area to put the chain on or use vice with the clip on masterlink but on removing the old link if riveted just get a grinder and cut the head of it off then get something to split the link off other the link using a hammer in between the link should pop it off

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I think there is a cycle gear near by. Let me see what I can come up with today

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
yea, most bike shops usually stock them, they are like $25, but you still want to grind the head off the pin you are trying to remove. But just grinding it off and using a hammer a screwdriver doesn't work too well.

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay I'm sending fishy on a mission to go to the bike shops and stop to vote... Lets see if he comes through

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
skibum91 said:
yea, most bike shops usually stock them, they are like $25, but you still want to grind the head off the pin you are trying to remove. But just grinding it off and using a hammer a screwdriver doesn't work too well.
It works like a charm for me but you said what i meant just at wrk and could not write it all out thanks for clearing it up ski :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey leave fishy alone he tried!

I guess I will just have to miss bike night....

Freaken dealership wants $100 for a new fairing stay when if theirs wasn't made so cheaply to begin with I wouldn't need a new one.. So I'm going to fab my own one out of steel

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yesterday my friend brought her friend over with the tool kit to take off and put back on the chain and we sat down and the garage and he taught me how to take off and put on the chain, and adjust the chain...

And on top of that I finally found out what 525 and 530 ment and that my bike uses a 530 chain...

·
Premium Member
1,000,000,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fishy was a little pissy about it.... Not sure if its because I didn't wait for him to do it (which who knows when that would have been) or because it was a dude that ended up helping me out.. But he didn't even speak to them which is a lil rude if you ask me.....

He can be pissed all he wants I want to go to bike night so I don't have time to wait on him or anyone else!

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
:laughingr :laughingr :laughingr :clap: fishy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts